Thursday, March 7, 2024

ANTI BINGE TECH BLOCKS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·  (Edited)
Links for mentioned apps and items at the bottom!
1) For your phone:
- Download the app called "AppBlock" with a dark blue icon. Add all your food delivery apps into the block, don't forget to add the website equivalents too. The free version has only 4 hours for the app/website block and a 12-hour HARD LOCK timer. Let me explain here: When you activate the 12-hour hard lock you cannot stop the 4h block. You cannot access the apps, the websites, you cannot delete ANY app, you literally would have to factory reset your phone in order to use the food delivery apps again. So when you're impulsive you can't do ANYTHING to get through. However, you always need to have the 12h and 4h blocks both active at the same time! I also added Apple Wallet app so that I cannot use Apple Pay. (Also make sure that you remove your virtual cards from Apple/Google Pay beforehand so you can't use NFC to pay in store). I also add my banking apps into it, but you have to be careful with it. If I need to transfer money I either do it on my laptop, or I log into the web version of my banking on phone which doesn't allow to add cards into Apple Pay as it would transfer me to the App which is blocked.

2) Shortcuts on iOS
- Unfortunately I don't have a tip for Android here, but on iOS, when you have Appblock installed, create an automatic shortcut that whenever you open a food delivery app that it automatically activates Appblock and forwards you to the app instead so you can hard lock it too. I also found this super helpful: I made a list in my notes app about why I don't wanna binge (or purge). And then, I set it up so when I open Uber Eats, instead of that, it opens my notes with the anti-binge list. What I also created is a shortcut that whenever I stop my alarm in the morning that Appblock opens automatically, I do this so I can quickly activate the 12h hardlock and the 4h blocking so that before any binge urges arise it's already restricted. You can experiment here a bit. Also add this app to Appblock too, so that you cannot modify it again when in binge mode.

3) On PC/Desktop:
- Download the program "Cold Turkey Blocker" it should be available for both Windows and Mac. Similar to the AppBlock on phone, you can also set a hard-lock here where you cannot uninstall the app or tamper with it in any way. Here it's the same as on phone: you cannot bypass it in any way and therefore you are forced to sit with your binge urges and you have enough time to surf them out or think about how you want to distract yourself, you can't act after your impulse. Beyond this point it will be solely your decision if you want to find other ways to get on binge food. This program saved my life as I kept ordering food over my laptop when phone was restricted.

4) When outside and impulsive
- When you're outside because of work, school, appointments, or just for any reason, don't take cash or your physical credit/bank cards with you if you don't plan on shopping anything. This will prevent that you impulsively get binge food in a store. When you have Appblock activated with your banking added you also can't add your cards into Apple Pay through your banking apps so you're basically f**. I often take about 2€-3€ with me so I can get myself a cheap protein bar or diet coke but not enough to get binge food.

5) When actually going to shop:
- Take your card/cash with you (cash is easier as you can just take as much as you need for your groceries), and make sure that you eat your largest meal of the day before you go shopping. Make sure that you don't have binge urges when you're grocery shopping, and go there in a good headspace. Make a shopping list and stick to it.

6) When you struggle with impulsive binging on groceries at home:
- If your kitchen is in a separate room, think about getting a lock with a timer. It can be a life saver if you live alone and catch yourself in a pattern of binging in the evening or at night. Just set the timer to lock the door around your usual binge time. Just make sure you've got everything you need from the kitchen before you lock up.
Now, if your kitchen is part of your bedroom like mine is, things get a bit trickier. One thing that's been working for me is buying groceries for just a few days at a time – usually one to three days. That way, there's not too much stuff around to binge on, and I end up making more trips to the store. Plus, all that walking adds up to extra steps and calories burned, which is a bonus.
I've also heard about this idea of having "emergency" binge food on hand. For me, it's frozen toast slices and some margarine and Nutella knock-off tucked away in my basement. Since it's not right there in front of me, I'm less likely to binge on it impulsively. But when I know I'd normally reach for my usual groceries to binge on, it's a trip to the basement to get myself a sweet and savoury binge. Also super useful for stuff like oatmeal or sugar that I'd fall victim to binging. It might not work for you and I'd suggest to approach this carefully.

7) High res or maintenance
- This one is a pretty common tip and also not guaranteed to work, but if you know your binges stem more from the physical side then give this a go. I used to easily low-med restrict via OMAD the past year, but ever since becoming a low weight and being in prolonged restriction my body is REFUSING to accept calories under 1000 and especially via OMAD. My current approach is 3 meals a day, with sweet snacks added too which total 1200cals a day. Breakfast especially helps me sooo much, and then saving my biggest and most tasty meal for dinner as well (as I have something to look forward to over the day, and less likely want to binge).

8) General things I like to do when binge urges are there:
  • Applying make up, taking a bath (I have a rubber pillow for protecting my bones), paint my nails, or go outside and walk some steps. I also like to watch videos about Anorexia, triggering ED-YouTube stuff, even SSvsSS. Also playing video games with people/friends! With the right people or person and the right game, I can have so much fun that I forget about foods existence.
  • Another tip I found in an old German bulimia forum involves nail polish and I find it really interesting: Get yourself a new nail polish colour that you at best haven't worn before. Swear to yourself that when you wear this colour, you will NEVER binge with it being on. Make it a colour you find beautiful and don't want to ruin. Make this your anti-binge nail polish. If you purge with fingers you can also tell yourself, that purging will ruin your beautiful nails.
  • Diet-Coke also helps me so much with binge urges as it suppresses my appetite. Any adrenaline inducing activities/hobbies too. Walking steps for a longer time also helps me to suppress my appetite especially paired with music or ED podcasts in headphones.

Final words:
I want to clarify that I am aware everyone is at a very different life stage and situation and also different living situation, and that these tips may not work for you or may not be applicable at all. But if you can take at least SOMETHING out of here that may be helpful I am endlessly happy that I could help! I have been a raging bulimic for years, no matter what I did and try I could NOT stop binging on the long-term. I would always find a way to get myself binge food. With these extreme restrictions I managed to FINALLY STAY B/P FREE again.
And yes the urges suck. Binge urges feel like hell. They feel disgusting. Horrible. But all these measures and traps that my rational mind has set for my binging-mind are necessary or I will never be able to stop. And now I have the chance to learn.
I have found some of these tips through own excessive research through old forums especially german bulimia forums, through reddit, through general addiction forums, more reddit and also my own experiences.

I hope this has helped someone at least and that you can make it out of binge cycles. I have indebted myself due to food delivery apps, and if I don't want to ruin my life especially at such young age, I NEEDED to find the ultimate solution for my problem, and I wanted to share it with you. <3 Love you all and stay safe! Below are links for the apps and items mentioned here:

Links for items/apps mentioned here:
AppBlock iOS: AppStore
AppBlock Android: Google Play Store
Cold Turkey Blocker: Download (Windows & MacOS)
Timed Lockpad: Amazon
Bathtub Pillow: Amazon
Pink Font Magenta Petal Handwriting
Discussion starter · #4 · 
Damn. You’ve got a devilish mind. All of this is genius advice. Your brain screams brilliance
thank you! I was so sick and tired of this binge cycle. I put so much dedication and effort, and also creativity in it to put this to an end. I spent hours and days testing it out myself + doing all the research and experimenting. If bulimia doesn't fuck off itself then I'll do everything to MAKE IT FUCK OFF. Thank u💗

PS: managed another day B/P free! I am so hopeful I can now finally regain back some control of my life 🥹

Thanks for sharing this. This is helpful advice on apps for people who are also addicted to online games/gaming/shopping. I am not but I know some who are and I will pass the info.
I thought this too! It's so universally applicable to many kind of addictions and it may come in handy again one day for possibly another issue. Also I hope that the people you're sharing this with can benefit from this it's so sweet you're helping them!🥹 I also hope that other bulimics/general binge eaters who are stuck in my situation can finally break free too with this ( :
yo this is so useful!!! i wish i had thought of this when i was deep in ordering from skipthedishes to b/p every morning (I live a little far from grocery stores).. timed website blocking woulda saved me a little those years back LOL
You are genius 🤔🤔
❤❤❤😍😍
Thank you for this. I have been having a lot of trouble with impulsively ordering food, and at this point the financial impact of my bulimia is ten times worse than the physical repercussions.
Do you know where I can buy a lock timer for the door? I'd really appreciate it! Xxxx
these are all so helpful, I love how you shared your experiences and the nail polish advice is genius!!! I wish you the best OP and thank you again💗
  • heart
 Reactions:fulltimestarving
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • heart
 Reactions:fulltimestarving
This is so helpful thank you! Can I add a link to this in the b/p free thread? I think it could really help a lot of us who struggle with impulsive b/p.
Discussion starter · #16 · 
This is so helpful thank you! Can I add a link to this in the b/p free thread? I think it could really help a lot of us who struggle with impulsive b/p.
oops I only saw this now, for some reason I got zero notifications from this thread at all anymore!
Can I edit the text a bit to make it sound more formal & professional and then add it (I'd give you an eyed-heart reaction once done) Thank you so much for considering to add this that means a lot to me!
Discussion starter · #17 · 
I hope you know just how helpful this was. You’re an angel, thank you ❤
I am so happy I could help!! I hope we can all break free from this / have more control over it ❤
This post is pure gold 🫶 will definitely apply these
I am glad it helped ❤❤ wishing you the best 🍀✨

Oh my god. You’re literally my hero I didn’t know about the app block THANK YOU I’ve literally cried real tears over how much money I’ve spent on delivering food this changes EVERYTHING
I am so so so happy this was helpful!! I wish I had discovered this app sooner too :( In 2022 I made debts of 1000€ at just age 18 because of this. I hope this will help you lots and benefit you wishing you the best and stay safe ❤✨

these are all so helpful, I love how you shared your experiences and the nail polish advice is genius!!! I wish you the best OP and thank you again💗
Thank you I am happy it could help ❤ I am gonna try the nail polish advice tomorrow actually haha! I will do dark purple nails 💜
Do you know where I can buy a lock timer for the door? I'd really appreciate it! Xxxx
I think amazon probably has them! :) Otherwise they might be in some crafty shops for furnishing etc.! :)
Thank you for this. I have been having a lot of trouble with impulsively ordering food, and at this point the financial impact of my bulimia is ten times worse than the physical repercussions.
I am also glad this helped ❤ I feel you so much. The financial aspect is horrible and I have to work hard next month to fix all the financial mess I've created from ordering/shopping for binge food impulsively constantly. This will hopefully finally help me get back on track in life and I hope that towards April-May I can get financially stable again.
yo this is so useful!!! i wish i had thought of this when i was deep in ordering from skipthedishes to b/p every morning (I live a little far from grocery stores).. timed website blocking woulda saved me a little those years back LOL
Same I wish I had known of this in 2022!!😫😫 It would've saved so much trouble!! I had to work off my ass the ENTIRE autumn and early 2023 to pay off all my bulimia debts!!
These are all so helpful! Definitely going to put some of these into practice, thank you for sharing! ❤
I really hope they have helped so far, stay safe ❤❤
1 - 20 of 25 Posts


Write your reply...


-

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · 
Additional things I've discovered:

- I have now bought myself a timed lockbox, I store my credit and banking cards there with a timer as well. I plan my shopping days carefully and also the time when I want to do the shopping, and then just do the maths to set the timer until then.

- I chose one cupboard in my kitchen that I want to lock with the mentioned timed lockpad, I yet have to install the hasp etc. but I hope it's done asap. I will set a timer for 2-3 days so that I can only access my groceries next day and not binge on them. Basically only have one meal accessible a day!
Ok just want to say that AppBlock is SAVING ME, I'm so embarrassingly addicted to ordering delivery??? Like I feel so stupid every time I admit to myself that I should not binge, that I literally cannot afford it, and then I keep doing it anyway. But that app having a timed blocker on it is such a lifesaver holy shit THANK YOU
Discussion starter · #23 · 
Ok just want to say that AppBlock is SAVING ME, I'm so embarrassingly addicted to ordering delivery??? Like I feel so stupid every time I admit to myself that I should not binge, that I literally cannot afford it, and then I keep doing it anyway. But that app having a timed blocker on it is such a lifesaver holy shit THANK YOU
I am so happy it could help you!! That app is literally a life saver. Maybe one day when I am financially stable again I might subscribe to them because they deserve the money for all the work and then I can also benefit from the perks.
Hope you're doing well <3<3
Discussion starter · #24 · 
Important Update to anyone who it MIGHT also affect:

Google now added food delivery through Google itself, which means you can order from a restaurant simply by looking it up on Google and then order via your google account. This made me relapse into B/P because I had no idea it existed and of course my restrictions weren't prepared for that and my bulimic brain loved to use this opportunity.
To block this simply add & block these domains:
www.food.google.com
www.orderfood.google.com


Whenever I now try to order food via Google it's also blocked. Tested on both phone and windows and it works so far. I swear to god these companies want us to so easily order food on purpose because they know how addicting it is (even to non-ED people) and want to profit so much, fk them:rolleyes:
New 
you're doing the lord's work, honestly

 

You
Selected Text: ```text star-err0r reblogged aahsoup cherry-cove FollowWhen a chronically ill or disabled person gets their lab tests back as “normal” or all clear, we aren’t sad because we WANT to be sick.We’re sad because we *know* there’s something wrong with us, yet the scans still stay clear.Before you kill the monster you gotta know its name.prxttywhxnyoucry Followhow i feel logging onto edblr after binging#ana trigger#ed disorder#tw ed diet#tw restrictive ed#ana meal#ed not ed sheeran#tw ed sheeran#ana bllog#tw ana diary#⭐️vingBlazecherryblossomilysm reblogged pumfs 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑙𝑎𝑑𝑦 🍒ྀིrotting-little-boy NEW ANA CHALLANGEgo to "your tags" or "for you" and every time you see a s3xbot do 10 squats and 10 crunches. You will lose weight like never before, trust me.#ana rant#ana trigger#ed not ed sheeran#ed not sheeren#tw ed diet#tw restrictive ed#ana bllog#ana meal#pro ans#tw ana diary#ana friend#ed behaviour tw#male ed#@n0r3xia#@na trigger#@nor3×14#@na vent#@na tipsBlazeultravangel Follownothing does it like this me4nsp0 #ana rant#ana trigger#anorexcya#ed behaviour tw#i want to ⭐️ve#ana meal#th1nsp1ration#thin$po#tw ana diary#tw ed diet#ed rant#@tw edd#ed not ed sheeran#ed not sheeren#tw restrictive ed#ed disorder#ed relapse#tw ed sheeran#tw ana rant#tw disordered eating#th1gh g@p#th1n$pø#th1nnsp0#disordered eating thoughts#ana rambles#ana bllog#anarex14#ana tricks#4n0r3xia#4norexi4Blazeandevenwithouthollowbones reblogged xoxosony Wony thinspo 🤍my fav 💋 weallfloatsblog #ed not ed sheeran #ana trigger #ed not sheeren #tw ana diary #tw ana trigger #ana bllog #ana rant #anatumblr #💡as a 🪶 #ed bullshit #@tw edd #ed no sheeran #tw ed diet #tw restrictive ed #ed disorder #tw 3d vent #34t1ng d1s0rd3r #pro @na #@nor3×14 #@na vent #i want to be skinnier #i wanna be tiny #i need to lose this weight #i wanna ⭐️ve #⭐️vation goals #i need to ⭐️ve #⭐️rving #i want to ⭐️ve #⭐️rve #⭐️ving … See all Blaze 1,483 notes justagirltryingtobethinner Just got my phone back. Mum took it aw ```
Copilot

Chronic illness can be a challenging journey, especially when lab tests come back as “normal” or all clear. It’s frustrating because you know something is wrong, yet the scans don’t reveal the underlying issue. It’s like trying to defeat a monster without knowing its name.

When dealing with chronic conditions, it’s essential to understand that inflammation plays a significant role. While lab tests can’t always pinpoint the cause, they can help identify signs of inflammation. Here are some common tests used to detect inflammation:

  1. Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR): This test measures how quickly red blood cells settle in a tube of blood. Elevated ESR levels may indicate inflammation1.
  2. C-Reactive Protein (CRP): Produced by the liver, CRP rises in response to inflammation. A value over 3 mg/L suggests increased cardiovascular risk, but bodywide inflammation can elevate CRP even further1.
  3. Ferritin: Reflecting iron storage in the body, ferritin levels can rise during inflammation. Normal ranges vary by lab, typically between 20 and 200 mcg/L1.
  4. Fibrinogen: Although primarily used to assess blood clotting, fibrinogen levels also increase with inflammation. Normal levels range from 200 to 400 mg/dL1.

Remember, these tests don’t always provide definitive answers, but they can guide further investigation. If you suspect inflammation is causing your symptoms, consult a healthcare professional for proper evaluation2. Stay strong, and know that you’re not alone in this journey. 🌟

Show learn more suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment