Sunday, October 16, 2022

korean thread thinspo part 3

 

13661 - 13680 of 13748 Posts
YayToLa

League of Legacy
Joined 
318 Posts
Off track, but I’m tired of these The Idol trailers. They’ve obviously been using Jennies face for views. I didn’t even really care what kind of role she got, but if it isn’t a somewhat significant character I’ll be pissed. It almost feels like Cardi B in that Stripper movie.
Choco_Bitch_612

 

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
10,945 Posts
im not even gonna lie. I was not expecting that from chuu. that’s so crazy and sad.

I feel like the translation is a bit funky. did she mean she used to binge so much that she would throw up. or she would binge and then forcefully throw up?
pretty sure it’s the former. I’ve noticed this a lot when it comes to Korean discussion about binge eating and the use of the word bulimia. Almost everyone who talks about having bulimia solely describes having binge eatinf behavior, and some of them say that they binged to the point that they threw up rather than forcefully making themselves throw up. I don’t know if there’s some kind of mis-translation happening or a misunderstanding of the term but I’m beginning to think a lot of the claims of bulimia there (like IU, she essentially said the same thing chuu did) are really just BED
  • Like
 Reactions:blxckbexuty
cats_on_cloud9

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
83 Posts
Some male thinspo aka nct cause they all have waists smaller than mine
Not me literally having Taeyong as my phone lockscreen wallpaper bc he is goals
(Also, am I the only one that finds their 'Touch' mv to be inspo/triggering? It's my go-to when I need to get some self-control back lol)
coolkid

League of Legacy
Joined 
541 Posts
Not me literally having Taeyong as my phone lockscreen wallpaper bc he is goals
(Also, am I the only one that finds their 'Touch' mv to be inspo/triggering? It's my go-to when I need to get some self-control back lol)
Ohh i do that with the baby don’t stop mv! But yeah touch got that “fragile” vibe
cats_on_cloud9

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
83 Posts
Ohh i do that with the baby don’t stop mv! But yeah touch got that “fragile” vibe
Omg how could I forget about that Baby Don't Stop! I have some screenshots of that mv saved in my Inspo folder on my camera reel hahah
13661 - 13680 of 13748 Posts


Write your reply...

-

13681 - 13700 of 13748 Posts
yeonnie୨୧

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
471 Posts
I was gonna post em cause damn she gave me my skinny highschooler in uniform fantasy! I always wanted to wear those but we didn’t have tht in my country
you can always buy nanchette seifuku fashion! those are stylized, fake uniforms to be used either in cosplay or as everyday wear if you want that "schoolgirl/slaying my uniform" look.

ALSO IM BACK. SO TIME FOR ME TO DROP SOME AMAZING MIYAWAKI SAKURA PHOTOS.
yeonnie୨୧

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
471 Posts
OK BEFORE YALL EAT ME ALIVE!
SAKURA IS 20 in this! according to some website i used, since sakura was born in good ol '98, she was about 19-20 in the photo below which was taken in 2018. SHE WAS GROWN! 
Clothing Joint Shoulder Lingerie top Brassiere


also it's bikini/swimsuit! :) not like. underwear. ARE WE EVEN ALLOWED TO POST BIKINI PICTURES OF PEOPLE?!!?!?! i hope so. i havent read the rules in a long time.

。。。also hai (⁠づ⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠づ i genuinely feel like sakura has such a pretty body! some video i watched said she was spoon shaped, and this body type is so pretty. i really wonder why they didn't accentuate her body better in her kpop career because her shape is what most people consider perfect :3
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
。。。also hai (⁠づ⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠づ i genuinely feel like sakura has such a pretty body! some video i watched said she was spoon shaped, and this body type is so pretty. i really wonder why they didn't accentuate her body better in her kpop career because her shape is what most people consider perfect :3
i think her body shape is more ideal in the west than korea tbh? from what i remember koreans like more chest. like hourglass i guess? maybe it's less so now but a couple years ago definitely.

-

13701 - 13720 of 13748 Posts
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
Hnstly i like aya a lil more, but i kinda miss the old mamamoo, their piano man, new york, ahh oop! And all of the two first albums were 10/10
I dislike those dance breaks in the recent ones
But then again it’s still mamamoo and u can never hate a song they produce
i liked aya about the same more or less but where are we now and mumumumuch were just not it for me.
i also have to say i really liked wheein's solostuff. easy, pastel and water color are some of my fav kpop solo songs from like all time.
Little_RoseX

League of Legacy
Joined 
981 Posts
Ariana once again being skinny and drinking what appears to be black coffee 😫
Wood Gesture Eyewear Rectangle Bumper

To keep is Kpop: Dreamcatcher had a comeback today! They are still one of my favorite girl groups but I haven’t really enjoyed their comebacks in awhile. This mini didn’t have any songs I would add to my Kpop playlist to listen to again.
On one hand I like that they have consistency in their sound but at the same time I think it would be a great idea for Leez and Ollouder to collab with other writers and producers.
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
It should have been superjunior. This just has a fundamentally suju sound. IMO no one does latin inspired like them. Good song, but doesn't suit mamamoo
i kind if disagree first if all i don’t really consider moo’s new song latin inspired? maybe it is though i’m no expert. also they slayed the latin concept in the past i mean:

maybe i’m also saying this cause i just never really vibed with suju? legit prefer snsd, dbsk, f(x), shinee, rv and exo all over them. i prefer suju over nct though and about the same as aespa. but music is supposed to be like that. there are so many different interpretations and genres so there is something for everyone :)
itsybitsyme

League of Legacy
Joined 
3,787 Posts
How could I forget that absolute bop! You're right! Still their new song has the most latin sounding beat I've ever heard in life, literally in every reggaetón song ever lol. Suju's music imo is very slept on probably due to all their controversies etc. They're a really versatile group but i'm biased cuz I've stanned them since elementary school
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
How could I forget that absolute bop! You're right! Still their new song has the most latin sounding beat I've ever heard in life, literally in every reggaetón song ever lol. Suju's music imo is very slept on probably due to all their controversies etc. They're a really versatile group but i'm biased cuz I've stanned them since elementary school
just sounds more generic than latin to me but to be fair i haven’t really listened to reggaeton in like 10 years so you might be right. i mean i named my acc after a shinee song so i get the old bias thing for sure haha
coolkid

League of Legacy
Joined 
541 Posts
just sounds more generic than latin to me but to be fair i haven’t really listened to reggaeton in like 10 years so you might be right. i mean i named my acc after a shinee song so i get the old bias thing for sure haha
I laughed so much at this, but always good to see ppl appreciating shinee! Their lucifer dance practise is what got me into kpop (and skinny androgynous taemin was truly a sight at the time)
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
I laughed so much at this, but always good to see ppl appreciating shinee! Their lucifer dance practise is what got me into kpop (and skinny androgynous taemin was truly a sight at the time)
it's such a good one! filmed on a brick but iconic! the first filmed dance practice to launch all filmed dance practices 💕

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
58 Posts
This i was thinking the same thing as I watched that I haven’t really liked the recent releases they’ve had it’s just not hitting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,465 Posts

anyone into models? here’s a fun little video of sora choi.

I had no idea she was fluent in english! i’ve only heard her speak english little bits at a time so I was just so caught off guard to see her speaking so comfortably!

every time I see a video of sora she’s always so smiley and bubbly. but I had no idea she was THIS bubbly. such a severe contrast to her model persona.

imo not a lot of thinspo but it’s giving nice/pretty rich girl vibes.

also notice how she doesn’t eat not even once during the day(5am-12am the next day)
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,465 Posts
admittedly haven’t listened to it yet but it’s crazy how kpop is now so over saturated with soloist nowadays ever since chungha.

yes, I am aware that there were kpop soloist before chungha but you have to admit her success really brought in an influx of solo idols bc before her it was seen as a risky move to go solo bc they were usually not as near as successful as actual groups (unless you were either iu or hyuna).

now it feels like they’re solo debuting any popular idol. just because you were popular and had good stage presence in your previous group does not mean that will translate over to being an exceptional solo artist. it’s so much harder to fill the stage and I don’t think these companies realize that. they’re just relying on their popularity and the cost (bc it’s definitely cheaper to debut them solo).

these new solo artists they’re debuting aren’t even vocally strong like that which could be compensated if they gave them a good song but I really feel like these companies also buy them cheap songs which are crazy generic and are just begging to not chart at all.

glad chaeyeon debuted after soooooo long. but yes, it would have SO much better if she debuted in a group. have no idea why these companies couldn’t have made a group rq with the trainees they have.

wonyoung, yujin, sakura, and chaewon were all smart for (re)debuting in a group while chae, yuri, and kwon eunbi all fumbled so hard smh (gonna throw somi in there too even tho she’s a bit more successful than them but she woulda been way more successful in a group).

//rant over lol
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
admittedly haven’t listened to it yet but it’s crazy how kpop is now so over saturated with soloist nowadays ever since chungha.

yes, I am aware that there were kpop soloist before chungha but you have to admit her success really brought in an influx of solo idols bc before her it was seen as a risky move to go solo bc they were usually not as near as successful as actual groups (unless you were either iu or hyuna).
iu was never in a group so she doesn't really count but i see your point for sure. ga-in was also fairly successful at the time (hyuna was put in gangnam style and ga-in in gentleman by psy which kinda speaks for something imo) and taeyeon tbh but those are two idols with amazing voices and hyuna just got that x factor going for her.

honestly i don't really like most solo songs like from 3rd or 4th gen groups wheein is kinda the only one that released more than one solo song i liked 😩
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,465 Posts
iu was never in a group so she doesn't really count but i see your point for sure. ga-in was also fairly successful at the time (hyuna was put in gangnam style and ga-in in gentleman by psy which kinda speaks for something imo) and taeyeon tbh but those are two idols with amazing voices and hyuna just got that x factor going for her.

honestly i don't really like most solo songs like from 3rd or 4th gen groups wheein is kinda the only one that released more than one solo song i liked 
I only brought up iu to point out her success as a solo artist. I also forgot boa ofc. the blueprint lol

but I so agree with you about not really liking any of the 3rd or 4th gen soloist. the only one I really keep up with chungha. I think her discography is amazing after her gotta go era personally. but it’s a shame that her company isn’t managing her better after her huge success with gotta go and then snapping. she was really close with the ceo I believe of the company and then they had some type management change but that’s beyond the point lol.

hyolyn has some good songs too. very much western sound but that’s honestly about it 

(^actually counts as a 2nd gen soloist but whateves. you get my point lol)
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,372 Posts
oh ok i misunderstood then that you don‘t really differentiate between idols from groups that go solo and actual soloists, my bad. and yes boa forever an icon. i wanna like the music of chungha and also somi but somehow i just don‘t really 😞

lee hyori might be the og successful group idol going solo? not sure though 😅 interesting thing to look back on though.

Like-

-

13721 - 13740 of 13752 Posts
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,466 Posts

has anyone seen this ive performance? ppl were saying it was a “disaster” but they sound fine to me ???

like leesoo had a voice crack but it honestly wasn’t the end of the world lol. like they all sounded pretty darn stable ESPECIALLY yujin.

the only difference is that they sound a lot more “cute?” sounding live. and when there was a little bit of backtrack (like the chorus and layered parts) they tried to hide behind it as much as they could but I still think overall it was good. I will always much more prefer live than pre recorded performances. I’d rather the imperfections.
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,466 Posts
oh ok i misunderstood then that you don‘t really differentiate between idols from groups that go solo and actual soloists, my bad. and yes boa forever an icon. i wanna like the music of chungha and also somi but somehow i just don‘t really 

lee hyori might be the og successful group idol going solo? not sure though  interesting thing to look back on though.
ooohh I see. my bad! no yeah I was just lumping them all together lol

but dang, I feel like chungha has some bangers but I agree with somi. I only really watch her fancams for her body 

and oh yeah! lee hyori. I admittedly don’t really listen to her like that but yeah I heard she was very successful!
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,373 Posts
ooohh I see. my bad! no yeah I was just lumping them all together lol

but dang, I feel like chungha has some bangers but I agree with somi. I only really watch her fancams for her body 

and oh yeah! lee hyori. I admittedly don’t really listen to her like that but yeah I heard she was very successful!
miscommunication it happens haha :D and i know chungha has objectively good songs maybe i have just a weird taste 🤣

and yea that ive concert was not too bad i mean they're still pretty new anyways? yujin did amazing!
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,466 Posts
can I just say that ive never seen a celebrity that is so calculated about their image before wonyoung.

during her izone era she was kinda the “typical” idol but after panaroma there seems to be this kind of ‘switch’.

on one hand in my very skewed perception it’s kind of goals just how intentional everything is from her. from the way she walks to the way she smiles, to her crazy disciplined diet. it’s all about presentation to her and how she’s perceived.

but on the other hand it seems like hell to try and keep that up 24/7 and you’re always kinda wearing a mask where no one really knows the real you.

I understand that other idols ofc care about their image too bc it’s their livelihood but you have to admit that wonyoung is on a whole different level.

I think that kind of makes me very interested in her. not just bc of her body but in basically every aspect of her life she is extremely disciplined. she’s the kind of girl you always ‘plan’ to be when writing down your goals but you never quite get there.
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,373 Posts
wowow honestly all of their diets are pretty limited that’s crazy
tbh they are only example meals but yea i kinda agree too.

edit: i think why she seemed kinda different to me is that with the others they like speak about things that can be considered meals or snacks while chaer was like supplements w water are kinda filling like... what kinda supplements must those be you know? that being said she did also mention ice cream or steak so yea there's that.
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,466 Posts
feels like chaeryeong gained a ton of popularity after her weight loss after previously being arguably the least popular member while ryunjin, who used to be among the most popular, seems to have lost a lot of popularity after her weight loss. funny how that works lol

i must admit, im one of those people that attribute a lot of her charisma to when she had more weight on her. call me crazy but it was something about her when she wasn't so stick thin.

or am i imagining this? lol
s.yahari

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,386 Posts
my recent saves again.

Nana. Honestly I think Nana is probably my ultimate thinspo in kpop. She looks great in everything she wears.









Taeyeon
black coffee trend lol




Sana


Chaeyeon
I was surprised to see that she's actually pretty thin I guess I never really paid attention to the whole izone thing

s.yahari

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,386 Posts
I attribute it more to image change and less weight.

in my opinion a lot of Chaeryeong's popularity recently is due to her change in hair color and overall look. Black hair suits her and this is the first time she's had it through all of Itzy. She always had brown before which washes her out since she's cooltoned. The long black kind of grown up sophisticated look fits the image a lot of people have for her already. Weight wise she is about the same as she was post mafia/pre-loco but people weren't really as interested then. That was actually my favorite hair color on her personally though (the bright cherry red).

On the other hand, Ryujin had the punchy shorter hair during a lot of Itzy's early stuff and more recently has been long. She also had cool hair colors before as well (pink, skunk stripe, etc). I don't think the plain black straight and long look is as eye catching or interesting. I believe this is why she returned to short again since it wasn't working as well image wise, probably personality wise too.

Styling also. Chaeryeong has been given a lot of outfits that show off her better features lately (legs). On the other hand, while Ryujin normally has the kind of more eccentric outfits, I think Sneakers era she's had many of the most boring ones because they are aiming for more of the long hair lovely girly thing which is not as interesting on her. I think the best one she has this era was the blue gingham one on Inkigayo. That one the lovely girly look really worked well.

Weight plays some part but I think it's mostly styling and visuals as Ryujin has just been less visually eye-catching this era aside from the very apparent weight loss.

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
58 Posts
Off topic but blackpink is coming to houston and i wanna go to their concert but not by myself 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skinny_emmie

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
466 Posts
Off topic but blackpink is coming to houston and i wanna go to their concert but not by myself 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg when? I live in Korea rn, but I’ll be home in Houston for summer and winter break


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,466 Posts
i never really thought of it but i do agree that the hair for both of them probably play a significant role. especially for ryunjin when she had the long extensions in for a moment it caught me totally off guard. it did feel like a failed image change imo.

as for styling for sneakers era, (im gonna try to explain this as best i can 💀 bare with me lol) i feel like that did not play a huge role and i say that because sneakers was kind of a flop (a flop in itzys book at least) fancams views were lower than usual and i feel like there wasnt a whole lot of fan made content this era bc of how many people weren't really vibing with it. fanmade content can play a huge role in the popularity of members. i feel like her popularity started to rise before sneakers era actually bc ppl were finally paying attention to her shocking weight loss. i also feel like tiktok played a huge part in her popularity. but hey that could just be idk

Off topic but blackpink is coming to houston and i wanna go to their concert but not by myself 



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you should go!! i went to the twice concert alone lol

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
58 Posts
Yea i might nobody ik likes kpop but its ok I should experience my first kpop concert by myself at least


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burneraccount2004

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
2,462 Posts
Tbh it was cause their outfits are slightly not flattering so they all like 5-10 lbs heavier than they normally do and kpop fans froth at the mouth when an idol doesn’t look dangerously underweight LMAO

Like

13741 - 13752 of 13752 Posts
juliette.

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,373 Posts
Yea i might nobody ik likes kpop but its ok I should experience my first kpop concert by myself at least


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i went to my first kpop concert alone too and it was good. i met and talked to some ppl there like we did not become friends or anything but ppl were nice.


i loved seulgi's look here:

almostleaving

League of Legacy
Joined 
562 Posts
trueee, ryujin used to be my bias now chaeryeong is
but in my case its more about the whole aura she seems to be so confident now
welp


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blxckbexuty

League of Legacy
Joined 
1,466 Posts

le sserafim comeback!

i am actually pleasantly surprised how much i liked it bc i wasn't too crazy about their debut. i have a couple things to say about the song/mv!

  • i feel like eunchae has now really established herself as a member of this group. looks like she gained a lot of confidence!
  • i was also surprised that she was the one singing the antifragile part!
  • kazuha stretching poses in the mv have me dead. ESPECIALLY that first shot of her.
  • her deep voice is EVERYTHING. so far they're really utilizing her voice really well within the songs
  • am i the only one who thought the song had a weird filter over their voices? it was so noticeable to me? it didn't even sound like regular autotune bc you're generally not supposed to notice the autotune. was that a stylistic choice? not sure how i feel about that.
  • the line distribution FELT pretty fair. felt like eunchae got a ton more lines while kazuha got fewer than expected but overall still pretty fair. i understand that it will not be 100% equal.
  • anyone else surprised by their voices? for some reason their voices didn't feel like "their" voices if that makes sense. to me, only chaewon and kazuha sounded relatively the same.

overall, im pretty pleased with this comeback! can't wait for the stages!
Choco_Bitch_612

 

League of Legacy
 
Joined 
10,946 Posts
i wouldn't say it's oversaturated with soloists as i'm pretty sure groups still outnumber them (i could be wrong)
but yea i think the main problem these former-group member soloists face is the fact that they are quite literally trained for years to work in groups and understandably have a much harder time shining on stage as a solo artist, tho tbh i don't think they're companies expect them to be super successful
i can see yuri being in another group, and i would've looooved for chaeyeon to be in le sserafim(it was my delusional fantasy) also i'm p sure she was supposed to be in a group but literally all the other supposed members/trainees left the company oof. as for eunbi, i'm sure there would be annoying controversy about her age. tho im not sure their success would be too different seeing as their companies aren't that big.

Reply Quote -

No comments:

Post a Comment