Thursday, April 28, 2022

 

Does skipping bfast increase or lower your appetite?

Breakfast appetite fasting

32 replies to this topic

#1 QuestToSkinny

    Advanced Warrior

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

    Posted 25 April 2022 - 01:28 PM

    Some days I think it helps my appetite lessen but others I feel like if I start eating that early it just opens the door to my appetite and it’s harder to suppress. Thoughts?

    429927_b6f80e860ee44893ab01aafef6b2f46f.

    "We've been given the dignity of choice; to become a part of what we could be, or all that we can be."

    HW: 140 lbs/ BMI 21.9 ///// LW: 104 lbs/BMI 16.7

    CW: 126 lbs/ BMI 19.7 updated April 2022

    GW 1: 125 lbs /BMI 19.5 / Goal met:

    GW 2: 120 lbs / BMI 18.8 / Goal met:

    ** UGW: 115 lbs / BMI 18.0 / Goal met: **

    ​MyFitnessPal username: QuestToSkinny (diary is public)

    <p>

    #2 Dyingtobethin204327

      Advanced Guru

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 688 posts

      Posted 25 April 2022 - 01:47 PM

      Lower

      #3 emsskinni.

        Member

      • Members
      • PipPip
      • 19 posts

        Posted 25 April 2022 - 02:18 PM

        yeah same with the person above

        when i have breakfast i feel less hungry throughout the day


        #4 poiuytr

          Omniscient

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3816 posts
        • LocationState of Denial

        Posted 25 April 2022 - 03:06 PM

        It lowers mine. I don't get hungry until I eat.


        mdJZlzb.gif

        cute-anorexic-chicks-thrurscays-o-kdlt-f

               

         

         

        My blog:

        https://thinandhealt....wordpress.com/

        #5 Transparent_Ana

          Guru

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 503 posts

          Posted 25 April 2022 - 03:22 PM

          Lower, and it give me more energy.


          ciDkm3.png

           

           

          MadM.png

          #6 Sahara1

            Sage

          • Accountability access
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 1090 posts

            Posted 25 April 2022 - 03:54 PM

            poiuytr, on 25 Apr 2022 - 3:06 PM, said:

            It lowers mine. I don't get hungry until I eat.


            So much this. For years people have told me I should have breakfast as it’s so important for weight loss. Mostly these have been overweight people and I’ve been normal or underweight ha. As soon as I eat, my body starts to want more food. The longer I can hang out, the less I eat that day

            #7 TaroBun

              Advanced Warrior

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 330 posts
            • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

            Posted 25 April 2022 - 04:41 PM

            Increase alot i binge if i skip meals

            #8 ☽ echo ☾

              Advanced Sage

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 1427 posts
            • Locationa hillside, desolate

            Posted 25 April 2022 - 05:22 PM

            Lowers mine. I hardly feel hunger at all until I eat something.

             

            Also, slightly off topic... but oddly enough, even if I go to sleep at night RAVENOUS, it's like it resets overnight and I wake up not hungry again. 

             

            Bodies are weird. 


            5iukQJF.gif

            #9 𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪

              Miss crybaby

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4600 posts

              Posted 25 April 2022 - 05:24 PM

              lowers definitely

              #10 automatic.loveletter

                Advanced Warrior

              • Accountability access
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 329 posts
              • LocationSouth Park

              Posted 25 April 2022 - 05:42 PM

              Honestly, for me it increases it. I always feel invalided because if I’m not fasting, I’m eating breakfast and dinner. It definitely keeps me going during the day and I do think about food less if I’ve eaten breakfast.

              5’3
              SW: 150 (BMI 26.6)
              UGW: 88 (BMI 15.6)
              CW: 128.8 (BMI 22.5)
              GW2: 125


              f49.gif

              #11 little bunny

                Advanced Warrior

              • Accountability access
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 359 posts

                Posted 25 April 2022 - 05:49 PM

                Skipping breakfast lowers my appetite.

                #12 QuestToSkinny

                  Advanced Warrior

                • Accountability access
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 246 posts

                  Posted 25 April 2022 - 06:13 PM

                  Interesting variation in replies!!
                  I think the majority said skipping breakfast lowers their appetite.

                  I’ve experienced both sides of the coin. If I can get past my initial morning hunger and just have black coffee for breakfast, usually my appetite is lowered. If I eat breakfast, I start thinking about food more…but on the flip side, I’m not as ravenous later in the day

                  429927_b6f80e860ee44893ab01aafef6b2f46f.

                  "We've been given the dignity of choice; to become a part of what we could be, or all that we can be."

                  HW: 140 lbs/ BMI 21.9 ///// LW: 104 lbs/BMI 16.7

                  CW: 126 lbs/ BMI 19.7 updated April 2022

                  GW 1: 125 lbs /BMI 19.5 / Goal met:

                  GW 2: 120 lbs / BMI 18.8 / Goal met:

                  ** UGW: 115 lbs / BMI 18.0 / Goal met: **

                  ​MyFitnessPal username: QuestToSkinny (diary is public)

                  <p>

                  #13 Racca

                    Advanced Member

                  • Accountability access
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 74 posts
                  • LocationUK

                  Posted 25 April 2022 - 06:39 PM

                  Lower for sure, I find that sticking with omad keeps my appetite super low pretty much until I eat. I find in general that the less I eat the less hungry I am.


                  He/Him

                  Age:19

                  Height: 172cm

                  HW:60KG

                  CW:35KG

                  Just taking life one day at a time 

                   

                   

                   

                   

                                                             

                   

                  #14 piscesfairy

                    Sage

                  • Accountability access
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 943 posts

                    Posted 25 April 2022 - 06:40 PM

                    lower, once i eat something i get hungry

                    #15 aluminé

                      Advanced Sage

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 2361 posts
                    • Locationthe city of fury

                    Posted 25 April 2022 - 07:04 PM

                    I feel like if I skip breakfast I tend to get hungrier after so yeah

                    #16 vomitveins

                      Advanced Warrior

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 290 posts

                      Posted 25 April 2022 - 07:15 PM

                      lower, I always wait until late in the day to eat or ill be hungry all day


                      he/him • ze/hir

                      5'2

                      bmi: 17

                      hw: 116 lbs

                      cw: 92.8 lbs

                      #17 HealthyThinTTC

                        Advanced Member

                      • Accountability access
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 95 posts

                        Posted 25 April 2022 - 07:16 PM

                        Breakfast increases my appetite. Unless it's it's 1 cup milk/soymilk and a handful of nuts. That keeps hunger and cravings away for longer.

                        #18 BLAIR17

                          Member

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPip
                        • 54 posts
                        • LocationArizona

                        Posted 25 April 2022 - 07:23 PM

                        back when I was trying to get better, I knew that if I skipped even one meal, Ana was going to have an easier time coming back into my life so I tried very very hard everyday to eat breakfast. Unfortunately that meant stopping on the way to work or school to get fast food and that just turned into another bad habit. I recently broke THAT bad habit, but that lead to Ana creeping right back into my life like she had never even left.

                         

                        I guess my answer would be that it lowers my appetite 


                        "Blair" 

                         

                        She/Her

                         

                        CW: 164.5 (on Sunday's)

                        GW: 145

                        UGW: 108

                        Height 5' 4"

                         

                        160 150 145 140 130 120 115 110 108 105 100 

                        #19 kristiandelangel

                          Warrior

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPip
                        • 156 posts
                        • Location: guadalajara, mx

                        Posted 25 April 2022 - 09:07 PM

                        lower

                        #20 BaconatorsMomma

                          Advanced Guru

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 894 posts

                          Posted 25 April 2022 - 09:09 PM

                          Lower? Nothing? Doesn’t do much. It’s unusual for me to want breakfast.

                          glorybox

                            Advanced Member

                          • Accountability access
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 91 posts

                            Posted 25 April 2022 - 11:02 PM

                            Eating breakfast is almost essential for me. However, I may switch it up and begin drinking something carbonated throughout the morning just to get that extra oomph while eating the minimal. If I don't eat breakfast, I get so hungry I'm tempted to eat more than I'd like or something of no nutritional value or even worse, the headaches and grouchy mood.
                            down, but not out

                            #22 starthrower

                              Advanced Guru

                            • Accountability access
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 730 posts

                              Posted 26 April 2022 - 12:48 AM

                              If I’m in a binge phase, I have to eat breakfast to minimise chance of bingeing. If not, I usually skip it so I can save my calories fair before I go to bed so I sleep better.


                              #23 pahdme

                                Sage

                              • Accountability access
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • 1047 posts

                                Posted 26 April 2022 - 02:04 AM

                                def lowers, if I eat early in the day i kick off a domino effect and I’m hungry all day

                                still going, doing ok


                                somewhere between recovery and a relapse, who tf even knows


                                tumblr_o12bn0VISC1rfa5o5o1_540.png


                                accountability and body check thread

                                #24 misanthropicghost

                                  Member

                                • Accountability access
                                • PipPip
                                • 51 posts

                                  Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM

                                  I've found it increases mine but I still try to eat first meal at about 1pm, as long as I have coffee I'm usually fine


                                  #25 Banana__Milk

                                    Advanced Guru

                                  • Accountability access
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • 702 posts

                                    Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

                                    I usually don’t feel hungry until lunch anyway, so I guess it does increase my appetite

                                    #26 stonescold

                                      Omniscient

                                    • Accountability access
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                    • 5811 posts
                                    • Locationusa

                                    Posted Yesterday, 06:33 PM

                                    lower I literally never have breakfast

                                    #27 skinnystripper

                                      Omniscient

                                    • Accountability access
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                    • 9533 posts

                                      Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

                                      Lowers. I can distract myself from food until late afternoon if I don't eat breakfast. 


                                      #28 skelliebelle

                                        Omniscient

                                      • Accountability access
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                      • 4934 posts

                                        Posted Today, 09:21 AM

                                        lower for me. i'm not usually hungry in the morning anyway

                                        #29 birthdaycakeeee

                                          Advanced Member

                                        • Accountability access
                                        • PipPipPip
                                        • 77 posts

                                          Posted Today, 09:26 AM

                                          well at first it highers my appetite since i use to eat breakfast a lot.
                                          but once you get use to skipping i don't get hungry anymore in the mornings

                                          you know, im something of an anorexic myself

                                           

                                          #30 StarvingLlama*-*

                                            Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

                                          • Accountability access
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                          • 21192 posts
                                          • LocationGermany

                                          Posted Today, 11:08 AM

                                          Always lower if I don't eat breakfast I'm mostly not hungry until late afternoon tbh but since I'm maintaining now I'm eating breakfast otherwise I wouldn't be able to get enough calories in due to no appetite. If I have breakfast no matter if it's a lot or little I get crazy hungry all day

                                          Gesendet von meinem M2007J17G mit Tapatalk

                                          #31 StarvingLlama*-*

                                            Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

                                          • Accountability access
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                          • 21192 posts
                                          • LocationGermany

                                          Posted Today, 11:11 AM

                                          ☽ echo ☾, on 25 Apr 2022 - 5:22 PM, said:

                                          Lowers mine. I hardly feel hunger at all until I eat something.

                                          Also, slightly off topic... but oddly enough, even if I go to sleep at night RAVENOUS, it's like it resets overnight and I wake up not hungry again.

                                          Bodies are weird.

                                          Same OMG I love how that works. But y'know what sucks? Such bad insomnia that I don't get even a minute of sleep and I'm starving laying awake all night 

                                          Gesendet von meinem M2007J17G mit Tapatalk

                                          #32 procrastination_sedation

                                            Advanced Guru

                                          • Accountability access
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                          • 649 posts

                                            Posted Today, 05:29 PM

                                            Usually i tend to eat the same thing for breakfast but lately my brain is not letting me eat two "full" meals. Now I usually skip and I feel fine.


                                            #33 claraistired

                                              Advanced Guru

                                            • Accountability access
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                            • 671 posts

                                              Posted Today, 05:36 PM

                                              For me, breakfast starts a hunger wave, but it’s a catch-22 since I’m completely irritable until I eat. I usually have breakfast with a green tea to lessen the hunger wave. I legit feel less hungry on days that I don’t have breakfast.



                                              No comments:

                                              Post a Comment