Friday, April 29, 2022

 

Fruitarianism?

fruitarianism fruit diet vegan help

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kaleum_*

  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Sorry to waste your time,

 

Has anyone EVER had success with this diet? It seems to get shut down in most articles about it.

 

I've been basically living this way with some grains and veggies here and there (and LOTS of caffeine) and, long story short, I've never craved death for any reason other than mental problems... until this point. It's horrible.

 

(Again sorry, I post way too often and it probably gets annoying)


    #2 Guest_Stillstanding09.2_*

    • Guests

    Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

    Well...it's not a diet.  I think using it as a diet would not work out very well since the motivation behind fruitarianism is more powerful than losing weight.  Usually it's moral/spiritual in nature. 


    #3 pastelalien

      Omniscient

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2930 posts

      Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

      think of all the shit you're missing from your diet - there's a reason ED's and depression are generally comorbid (i don't know a single perosn with an ED who isn't depressed)

      protein, for one - pretty sure that's not in fruits

      various vitamins

      your b12 is probably low as shit - which easily leads to health problems


      How do you fix the damage?

      How do you break a habit? 

      tumblr_ouj3xnPNTV1r4bkemo2_500.gif

      i don't mean to be an asshole i'm sorry

      tumblr_owco0mhyXZ1r4walro1_500.gif

       

       

      I AM A WOMAN

      AND THIS IS A BRIDGE

      #4 Guest_kaleum_*

      • Guests

      Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

      stillstarving09.2, on 20 Jun 2017 - 5:11 PM, said:

      Well...it's not a diet.  I think using it as a diet would not work out very well since the motivation behind fruitarianism is more powerful than losing weight.  Usually it's moral/spiritual in nature. 

      Valid point. I just wonder how people sustain it.


        #5 Guest_kaleum_*

        • Guests

        Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

        prettymadness, on 20 Jun 2017 - 5:15 PM, said:

        think of all the shit you're missing from your diet - there's a reason ED's and depression are generally comorbid (i don't know a single perosn with an ED who isn't depressed)

        protein, for one - pretty sure that's not in fruits

        various vitamins

        your b12 is probably low as shit - which easily leads to health problems

        I mean, you're right on the money on all those points. Not having a multivitamin has been hellish recently.

         

        Then again, I deserve the suffrage, so I'm kind of down to continue.


          #6 Guest_Stillstanding09.2_*

          • Guests

          Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

          kaleum, on 20 Jun 2017 - 5:35 PM, said:

          Valid point. I just wonder how people sustain it.

          Honestly, a lot of them are isolated from the world and have removed themselves from society in general. The hardcore fruitarians I know of came to it on their own w/out knowing the name for their lifestyle which is kind of incredible, but I think the general appeal is in not killing plants (or anything). A couple have said they are low on B12 and stuff but I guess they don't care too much or don't have bad side effects or w/e.  A point I heard someone make that I thought was pretty good is that labwork for vitamins is based on the standard american diet (or standard western diet) and humans have lived on lots of extreme diets (shifted heavily toward one macronutrient) for a lot of human history.  So there's that aspect of it. 


            #7 glittergoldfish

              Advanced Sage

            • Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 1501 posts

              Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

              prettymadness, on 20 Jun 2017 - 5:15 PM, said:

              think of all the shit you're missing from your diet - there's a reason ED's and depression are generally comorbid (i don't know a single perosn with an ED who isn't depressed)

              protein, for one - pretty sure that's not in fruits

              various vitamins

              your b12 is probably low as shit - which easily leads to health problems

              You can find everything besides B12 and D3 in fruits. Sure, you must take B12 supplements even on simple veganism, but D3 is not necessary until you live in not so sunny place, because sun is the best source of this one. Protein in fruits varies, but usual amount is about 6% and as long as you eat enough calories, you absolutely can get the proper amount. And don't get scared by calcium, becuase it's about how much you lose, not take (and milk for example cause lost of it, so it's common to have osteoporosis drinking lots of it).

              So yeah, it's possible, but I wouldn't try to stick with it with an eating disorder, becuase it's highly doubtful someone can get enough not eating enough on this diet and let's be honest, we have problem with eating, ok, this is a lifestyle, not just a quick weight-loss programme. I would try to go vegan first, then raw till 4, then maybe completely raw and at the end try fruitaranism, you should observe if you can get nutrients on the easier ones.


              #8 luckytobeyou

                Warrior

              • Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 214 posts

                Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

                I've tried it, it is a good way to loose weight. I used to buy fruits in bulk. But it was super hard maintain and expensive. Most people don't do it for long. But it is a good way to loose weight. Don't worry about the "spiritual" side of it, it has a cult like thing going on, but you can do it just to lose weight.

                 

                I don't believe in it, that it's the right way to eat, but for short term weight loss sure.


                #9 Kirraisnotdead

                  Advanced Sage

                • Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 2271 posts
                • LocationFlorida

                Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

                I tried this off and on throughout my veganism. I found it impossible to stay under 2000 cals a day because fruit is so low in satiety. By the end of most days I'd have taken in more calories than I could burn and craved every damn thing that was NOT a fruit. I gave it up and returned (sadly) to an omnivorous diet. I still find the fruitarian lifestyle fascinating and often read articles on the subject and have come to the conclusion that it may be that most fruits are made up of fructose and glucose. I've read fructose provides no satiety and in excess can cause you to store fat. I did gain on this lifestyle but not as much as you would expect looking at the numbers. All in all I now try to just eat what I'm craving within my calorie limit and while I'm still hungry I'm not feeling as deprived and my weight is constantly dropping. I was drawn to fruitarianism by the thought of purity and not being able to imagine a fruit only diet causing weight gain. I developed a fear of all other foods and believed fruit was the only true edible thing. It was expensive too. The upside though was beautiful skin, very regular bm and absolutely no bodily odors. I miss that part and sometimes I consider doing a fruit day for those benefits alone. Also I found the weight I gained from fruit dropped off quick when I got a handle on my calories and a calorie deficit on any diet has always made me lose. Not sure if any of this is even remotely helpful I'm just recalling my experience the best I can. Take care😊

                #10 Guest_Stillstanding09.2_*

                • Guests

                Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

                Kirraisnotdead, on 21 Jun 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

                I tried this off and on throughout my veganism. I found it impossible to stay under 2000 cals a day because fruit is so low in satiety. By the end of most days I'd have taken in more calories than I could burn and craved every damn thing that was NOT a fruit. I gave it up and returned (sadly) to an omnivorous diet. I still find the fruitarian lifestyle fascinating and often read articles on the subject and have come to the conclusion that it may be that most fruits are made up of fructose and glucose. I've read fructose provides no satiety and in excess can cause you to store fat. I did gain on this lifestyle but not as much as you would expect looking at the numbers. All in all I now try to just eat what I'm craving within my calorie limit and while I'm still hungry I'm not feeling as deprived and my weight is constantly dropping. I was drawn to fruitarianism by the thought of purity and not being able to imagine a fruit only diet causing weight gain. I developed a fear of all other foods and believed fruit was the only true edible thing. It was expensive too. The upside though was beautiful skin, very regular bm and absolutely no bodily odors. I miss that part and sometimes I consider doing a fruit day for those benefits alone. Also I found the weight I gained from fruit dropped off quick when I got a handle on my calories and a calorie deficit on any diet has always made me lose. Not sure if any of this is even remotely helpful I'm just recalling my experience the best I can. Take care

                This was basically my experience although I didn't give fruitarianism as good a shot as you did. I find that without one cooked meal of grains, I have binge urges.  I'm also fascinated by fruitarianism if you ever want to chat more about it.  I'm trying to learn more about Eden fruitarianism now, where they're trying to recreate the garden of Eden on earth.  Incredibly idealistic but I'm very drawn to it. 


                  #11 Kirraisnotdead

                    Advanced Sage

                  • Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2271 posts
                  • LocationFlorida

                  Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

                  stillstarving09.2, on 21 Jun 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

                  This was basically my experience although I didn't give fruitarianism as good a shot as you did. I find that without one cooked meal of grains, I have binge urges.  I'm also fascinated by fruitarianism if you ever want to chat more about it.  I'm trying to learn more about Eden fruitarianism now, where they're trying to recreate the garden of Eden on earth.  Incredibly idealistic but I'm very drawn to it.

                  that's interesting, I actually was very drawn to the lifestyle because of the account in Genesis on creation and the food God told man to eat (fruit) but that was before sin and death entered the world and mankind became "cursed" I feel like undefiled man's needs could be completely met by fruit but somewhere in that change we suffered deficiency caused by a newly fallen state. I have a religious background and often ponder this. I didn't include it in my post so as not to be controversial but that's some of my own reasoning. Hope that doesn't sound too odd haha

                  #12 Guest_Stillstanding09.2_*

                  • Guests

                  Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

                  Kirraisnotdead, on 21 Jun 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

                  that's interesting, I actually was very drawn to the lifestyle because of the account in Genesis on creation and the food God told man to eat (fruit) but that was before sin and death entered the world and mankind became "cursed" I feel like undefiled man's needs could be completely met by fruit but somewhere in that change we suffered deficiency caused by a newly fallen state. I have a religious background and often ponder this. I didn't include it in my post so as not to be controversial but that's some of my own reasoning. Hope that doesn't sound too odd haha

                  Not odd at all.  I hadn't heard that perspective before about the fall causing nutritional needs that can now be met by eating animals and non-fruit, but I like that a lot. I'm religious too but I'm not sure where I stand on whether or not God intends for us to eat animals.  I try and make as many meals as possible vegan.  I think spiritual veganism tends to be rare but I like this way very much.  


                    #13 Kirraisnotdead

                      Advanced Sage

                    • Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 2271 posts
                    • LocationFlorida

                    Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

                    stillstarving09.2, on 21 Jun 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

                    Not odd at all.  I hadn't heard that perspective before about the fall causing nutritional needs that can now be met by eating animals and non-fruit, but I like that a lot. I'm religious too but I'm not sure where I stand on whether or not God intends for us to eat animals.  I try and make as many meals as possible vegan.  I think spiritual veganism tends to be rare but I like this way very much.

                    it's definitely an interesting train of thought.

                    #14 blizzardbones

                      Advanced Warrior

                    • Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 439 posts

                      Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

                      I lost 20 pounds in three months being low fat raw vegan. I wish I for do it again but it's too expensive and bad for my mental health. Makes my anxiety go through the roof.
                      💝 Vegan • Ortho • High restriction • Obsessed with the 80s 💝

                      #15 ashinthislife

                        Warrior

                      • Members
                      • PipPipPipPip
                      • 228 posts

                        Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:06 AM

                        Fruitarianism saves me during a dark time. I was 230 pounds and seriously depressed and I found freelee one day and haven it a try and 8 months later I had gotten down to 119 (a BMI of 18.5) and I was eating 3000 cals or more a day when before I was struggling to lose weight on a low carb diet of only 1000 cals a Day or less. Not only did I lose all that weight but just eating fruit gave me so much energy I always had abs and tight skin. I felt incredible. I had mental clarity and my colitis didn’t have any more flare ups. Plus I didn’t even need to take my antidepressants anymore. I had no more acne. I just literally felt so much better.

                        And as far as religion goes, there was no killing of any kind in the garden of eden. After the fall of man sin was in the world and man would kill something and animals are viewed lesser than man in the Bible and pretty much every where else. Plus they were in sin. There wasn’t alcohol or anything else before sin so in a perfect world we were never meant to eat animals and I feel like not eating them isn’t truly a spiritual experience. And to clarity I am not religious. I am a spiritual person that has studied many walks of faith. I find divinity in all things. God is a light and a source of incredible positive energy. Evil is the negative. We get back what we feed it. So by taking in animals that are dead we are feeding that negative energy and in turn making ourselves ill and everyone is so blind to it. We have been so brainwashed. This is why I don’t have any form of social media except for this, I don’t own television and I dont have internet at my house. It’s very freeing. But I do care about the people on here and I try to get on here every once in awhile.

                        #16 ashinthislife

                          Warrior

                        • Members
                        • PipPipPipPip
                        • 228 posts

                          Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

                          also caffeine is terrible. Especially if you aren’t eating enough it will cause your anxiety to go through the roof. My best Advice, based on what’s worked for me, get in an antidepressant that works for you, eating lots of fruit. Mostly fruits like bananas and mangoes. Anything with lots of potassium, meditate, surround yourself with good people, get rid of social media (its fucking awful for people with mental illness), do light yoga, get a essential oil diffuser, Listen i music and 432 herts and above all look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful even if you don’t feel it. Everyday say aloud what you are thankful for, then repeat a mantra to yourself everyday until you believe it “I am love, I am light, I am beautiful, I am smart, I am talented, I am funny, I’m a friend to all, people love me, today -insert your desire- will happen.”

                          Do it even if you don’t want to. After about a month of doing it you’ll believe in yourself. At least a little. But you have to start somewhere.

                          No comments:

                          Post a Comment