Monday, April 25, 2022

 

Success on 800 Calories a day :)


9 replies to this topic

#1 HollowBodies

    Advanced Warrior

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

    Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

    I just wanted to share with how I have been finding success on 800 Calories a day. I have been struggling with my ed for 2 years. I go through periods of frequently fasting followed by lightly or hardly restricting like a normal intake (2 000 or so a day. I maintain my weight or drop 5 or so during this time period) and I have always struggled to find the right balance of calories because 1st I am 5'10, 2nd I am a high school student, 3rd I am a working high school student with lots of hours during the holidays and 4th I weigh 155 lb so I probably can lose the same amount as someone 5'5 and 130 lb could on like 500.

    So I decided to try 700 or 800 Calories a day. Now to be honest some days have been complete fasts and some days I have let the calories creep up to 1 000 or 1 200 MAXIMUM but I have been fasting after those days and averaging 800 a day. I have tried lower and usually end up going super low for a few days and then eating maintenance for a day and I wanted something more regular. 

    On 800 or slightly less or more each day I live off of: Calorie Reduced Chicken Noodle Soup from Campbell's, steamed green giant vegetables, 30 calorie yogurt cups and the odd (twice or three times a week) hungry man when I go to work and need something to microwave at work that's quick and easy), extra lean chicken breastfeeding slices, tuna in mustard, some salad you mix in the dressing and nuts and such into I get spring mix which is 290 calories and SO delicious. Also eggs in omelet form, quaker oats which are plain or I get lightly sweetened apples and cinammon both are 110 calories per pack. I also picked up smoking which I don't recommend but they do make me not hungry like at all for hours and hours after about 2 or 3. And with the occasional 1 200 calorie binge or fast day I have lost....

    16 lb in 6 weeks! I haven't lost 20 or 30 lb like I might or have in the past but I feel like I could keep going on this and like I can eventually lose more and more which is all that matter isn't it? 

    Who else has had success in 800 calories a day?! I want to hear from anyone else who has had success in 800 calories each day?

    #2 starjasmine

      Advanced Warrior

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 416 posts

      Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

      I average 800 and have lost 15 lbs in under a month :)


      #3 Guest_shruggling_*

      • Guests

      Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

      I find that 800-1000 / day is just right for me as well

       

      I'd rather lose slow and steady and not want to binge and purge as often, as opposed to restricting more and therefore maybe losing weight faster, but then ending up b/p'ing more often cause I'm so hungry / feel so depressed. eating more also enables me to work out more. at this point, I can't imagine eating 500 or less cals per day, tbh. unless I was really really sad. if something makes me feel really really sad or bad about myself, I have no appetite whatsoever.


        #4 iam_dollparts

          Advanced Guru

        • Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 615 posts
        • LocationIreland

        Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:23 AM

        I find that 5-800 (usually 700) is perfect for me, I have tried 200 and ive tried 1400 and I feel like 700 is maintainable for me (eg no binging)

        Height: 5'0
        Sw: 98
        Cw: 84
        Gw1: 85 (Reached!)
        Gw2: 80
        Ugw: 75

         

        binge-free days: 0

         

        "i miss the comfort in being sad" - Kurt Cobain

        #5 delirium

          Advanced Sage

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 1563 posts
        • LocationNC, USA

        Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

        i eat <500 cal a day but i'm 5'6

        lost 35 pounds since september.

         

        however i was overweight in the beginning, so that probably helped.


        contest_entry_by_pronouncedyou_by_cutiep

         

         

        certified trash queen

        "Why do I hear a note of sadness that wrings my heart in this cry of a pure soul? If at any time you should have need of my life, come and take it.” 

         

        ugw / 102 (bmi 17)

        cw /  137.5 (22.2)

        lw / 112.8 (18.2)

        sw / 191 (30.8)

         

         

        #6 Guest_glowy420_*

        • Guests

        Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

        HollowBodies, on 18 Dec 2014 - 8:07 PM, said:

        I just wanted to share with how I have been finding success on 800 Calories a day. I have been struggling with my ed for 2 years. I go through periods of frequently fasting followed by lightly or hardly restricting like a normal intake (2 000 or so a day. I maintain my weight or drop 5 or so during this time period) and I have always struggled to find the right balance of calories because 1st I am 5'10, 2nd I am a high school student, 3rd I am a working high school student with lots of hours during the holidays and 4th I weigh 155 lb so I probably can lose the same amount as someone 5'5 and 130 lb could on like 500.

        So I decided to try 700 or 800 Calories a day. Now to be honest some days have been complete fasts and some days I have let the calories creep up to 1 000 or 1 200 MAXIMUM but I have been fasting after those days and averaging 800 a day. I have tried lower and usually end up going super low for a few days and then eating maintenance for a day and I wanted something more regular. 

        On 800 or slightly less or more each day I live off of: Calorie Reduced Chicken Noodle Soup from Campbell's, steamed green giant vegetables, 30 calorie yogurt cups and the odd (twice or three times a week) hungry man when I go to work and need something to microwave at work that's quick and easy), extra lean chicken breastfeeding slices, tuna in mustard, some salad you mix in the dressing and nuts and such into I get spring mix which is 290 calories and SO delicious. Also eggs in omelet form, quaker oats which are plain or I get lightly sweetened apples and cinammon both are 110 calories per pack. I also picked up smoking which I don't recommend but they do make me not hungry like at all for hours and hours after about 2 or 3. And with the occasional 1 200 calorie binge or fast day I have lost....

        16 lb in 6 weeks! I haven't lost 20 or 30 lb like I might or have in the past but I feel like I could keep going on this and like I can eventually lose more and more which is all that matter isn't it? 

        Who else has had success in 800 calories a day?! I want to hear from anyone else who has had success in 800 calories each day?

        i have. i lost 15 pounds in 2 months doing exactly that. then... my body got use to it and i hit a stall for 4-5 months. i had to do the 2368 diet. then i lost another 20 pounds in 2 months. it was great.,, then i binged for a month due to my fucked up life....... i needed comfort and put the weight on again :-( i hate when i convince myself its ok to eat because im not getting what i want emotionally.. i still go to the gym every chance i get but ive been very very bad. i consume 600-1600 calories each day. this needs to stop.


          #7 Hibernia

            Member

          • Members
          • PipPip
          • 26 posts

            Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

            800 calories worked for me at first. However, I wanted to lose weight faster so I restricted at 400 and then 300. Then I fasted for a day and ate 300 the next day.

             

            I lost the most weight that way, but eventually I slipped into a b/p cycle and gained back 10lbs!

             

            I think that 400-800 is the only range where people (like me anyway) can lose consistently without causing sudden heart problems, fainting spells and setting themselves up for a cycle of binging, which leaves you 2-4 lbs heavier than you would have been if you had just eaten 500-700 every day instead.


            tumblr_mw2mfxjhQy1skji9zo1_500.gif

            #8 r!ot siren

              Omniscient

            • Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2826 posts
            • LocationThe 4th Level of Hell

            Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

            I allow myself 800 a day and find that is more than enough


            [Stats]
            5'4 3/4 (164 cm)

            CW: 89


            [Weight Goals]

            Reluctantly trying to gain to and maintain at 95-99

             

            [center]hate-everything-kitten.jpg

            #9 bmi_guy

              Advanced Warrior

            • Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 280 posts
            • LocationOregon

            Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

            Hibernia, on 19 Dec 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

            I think that 400-800 is the only range where people (like me anyway) can lose consistently without causing sudden heart problems, fainting spells and setting themselves up for a cycle of binging, which leaves you 2-4 lbs heavier than you would have been if you had just eaten 500-700 every day instead.


            This pretty much sums up what I've been doing for the last 2 months and I've lost 26 pounds so far.

            Height: 5' 11''
            HW: 208 (March 2012)
            LW: 120 (December 2015)

            SW: 189 (June 2017)
            GW1: 180

            GW2: 160 (May 2018)
            CW: 153.2 BMI: 21.5
            GW3: 148

            UGW: 130
            tumblr_nc84reO0551qcwhkeo1_r1_500.gif

             

            (last updated: 26 June 2018)

            #10 bananbröd

              Warrior

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 140 posts

              Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:25 PM

              16 pounds is very impressive! I'd love to lose that much

              tumblr_inline_mwbnlfwFOF1r8evev.gif... accountability ...tumblr_inline_mwbnlfwFOF1r8evev.gif

              giphy.gif

              one day binge free

              No comments:

              Post a Comment