Friday, April 29, 2022


My husband told me I was fat.


23 replies to this topic

#1 ashinthislife

    Warrior

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

    Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:35 AM

    And also that my body disgusts him and he can’t get it up with me anymore because of how big I am. He’s always been attracted to bones. Basically he’s my number one trigger and is totally okay with me having an eating disorder (suffered with multiple since I was 9, I’m now 29) but anyway I’m 5’8” 160-165 pounds. Don’t really know. I’m so depressed. I need a friend to talk to.

    #2 ashinthislife

      Warrior

    • Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 228 posts

      Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:35 AM

      I’ve also been on a fast. Day 5 now. Going for 21.

      #3 IDontEvenKnowAnymore

        Sage

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 1031 posts

        Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:59 AM

         Ik he’s your husband and wtv but that’s so shitty and you deserve better. It’s horrible to say especially if he knows about your Ed. And you’re not even fat. Don’t be too hard on yourself body’s go through phases, you don’t have to love it right away but learning to accept helps.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        #4 ashinthislife

          Warrior

        • Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 228 posts

          Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

          IDontEvenKnowAnymore, on 07 Oct 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

           Ik he’s your husband and wtv but that’s so shitty and you deserve better. It’s horrible to say especially if he knows about your Ed. And you’re not even fat. Don’t be too hard on yourself body’s go through phases, you don’t have to love it right away but learning to accept helps.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Thank you❤️ I really need kind words like this and encouragement. I’m so heartbroken right now. I can’t even tell you how’s painful it was or how’s cruel to was the way he said it. When I tried to tell him my problems with him (and I was really kind about it) he said “that’s some fat cunt shit right there”
          He’s apologized but I don’t feel like he means it. I feel lost and alone right now

          #5 faerielites

            Advanced Guru

          • Accountability access
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 584 posts

            Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

            He sounds like a horrible, abusive person. No one who truly loves you should be able to say something like that. You deserve much better. Please take care of yourself, and try to get away from him if you can. 

            #6 ashinthislife

              Warrior

            • Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 228 posts

              Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:06 PM

              faerielites, on 07 Oct 2019 - 3:04 PM, said:

              He sounds like a horrible, abusive person. No one who truly loves you should be able to say something like that. You deserve much better. Please take care of yourself, and try to get away from him if you can. 


              I’m really doing my best to keep it together right now and figure out how and what I need to do

              #7 vattodovattodo

                Advanced Sage

              • Accountability access
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 1980 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

              Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:01 PM

              DIVORCE bb...you're not even fat. Fuck. What an absolute piece of shit.

              Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
              giphy.gif

               

              #8 ashinthislife

                Warrior

              • Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 228 posts

                Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:40 AM

                vattodovattodo, on 07 Oct 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

                DIVORCE bb...you're not even fat. Fuck. What an absolute piece of shit.

                Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk


                Thank you, love. ❤️
                It’s hard loving an asshole

                #9 AmethystBlue

                  Advanced Warrior

                • Accountability access
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 454 posts
                • LocationAustralia

                Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:52 AM

                That's awful you poor thing


                #10 shisshi

                  Guru

                • Accountability access
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 528 posts
                • LocationBed

                Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:21 AM

                He seems to have used very harsh language towards you several times, that is not okay. It doesn't matter if he's drunk or if he apologizes afterwards. If he talks to you like this regularly, it is not something you should have to accept.

                 

                I think you should think about your relationship with him thoroughly and how it affects you to be together with him, and if he is really worth staying with.

                 

                Take care <3


                #11 vattodovattodo

                  Advanced Sage

                • Accountability access
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 1980 posts
                • LocationAustin, TX

                Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:21 AM

                Found this on IG and it made me think of this, and so many other threads on MPA1ab39ea5ff7bfa6f474ec4bcd1067616.jpg

                Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
                giphy.gif

                 

                #12 Little-Emmie

                  Guru

                • Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 522 posts

                  Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

                  I know he’s your husband darling, but I’d like to bitch slap him into next week! How dare he say that to you. He doesn’t deserve you, it’s emotional abuse. I wish I had the time to type a longer reply. But remember you are worth more than the words of a bully, you are beautiful and valued! And deserve happiness and love, not this. Please take care of yourself dear! 💛

                  "I shall go on shining as a brilliantly meaningless figure in a meaningless world" ~F.Scott Fitzgerald 

                   

                  #13 Guest_Минаa_*

                  • Guests

                  Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:43 PM

                  Physical attraction is important in a relationship, but he absolutely doesn't love you if he's okay with saying such hurtful things to you. There's just no way.


                  #14 RawMalibu

                    Warrior

                  • Accountability access
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 156 posts
                  • LocationTexas

                  Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:26 PM

                  he sounds abusive and if you ever want to get better letting him go would be the first step. (in my opinion)


                  5'10"

                  #15 emotions-and-scars

                    Advanced Guru

                  • Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 674 posts
                  • LocationMassachusetts

                  Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

                  I know this is the most cliche to say to someone with an ED because I've been told it so many times but you are perfect the way you are honey, you are gorgeous, and any man that doesn't see that is absolutely delusional. Everyone else on here is right, there's no reason to be with someone who treats you like that. I personally have put myself in situations where men were manipulative or even abusive because I felt like I deserved it. Nobody deserves that. No one.

                  I just want to be perfect.


                  GW: 110 UGW: 85


                  If you need somebody, don't be afraid to contact me.

                  #16 Miamon

                    Sage

                  • Accountability access
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1209 posts

                    Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:43 AM

                    Uh oh, I’m also 5’8” and 165 lbs... guess I would disgust him :/

                    #17 ashinthislife

                      Warrior

                    • Members
                    • PipPipPipPip
                    • 228 posts

                      Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

                      Miamon, on 10 Oct 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

                      Uh oh, I’m also 5’8” and 165 lbs... guess I would disgust him :/


                      We aren’t even fat!! What he said is ridiculous but with an eating disorder or course to ourselves we are fat. I’m down to 155 right now. Spent the last week fasting one day raw vegan (cause I’m a raw vegan) and now another week fasting. My weight gain was caused by eating animal products again so now I’m back to raw vegan and I feel much better especially with fasting. My normal weight is usually 120. But I’m really trying to go for 105 this time.

                      #18 ashinthislife

                        Warrior

                      • Members
                      • PipPipPipPip
                      • 228 posts

                        Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

                        Miamon, on 10 Oct 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

                        Uh oh, I’m also 5’8” and 165 lbs... guess I would disgust him :/


                        We aren’t even fat!! What he said is ridiculous but with an eating disorder or course to ourselves we are fat. I’m down to 155 right now. Spent the last week fasting one day raw vegan (cause I’m a raw vegan) and now another week fasting. My weight gain was caused by eating animal products again so now I’m back to raw vegan and I feel much better especially with fasting. My normal weight is usually 120. But I’m really trying to go for 105 this time.

                        #19 SunFromHell

                          The Hell Whore

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 2879 posts
                        • LocationChicago

                        Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:49 PM

                        For fucks sake who in the world would tell this to a woman?? Seriously did he just get out of cave? Whatever his opinion is (even tho he is not right) he could've been like "hey let's try play tennis together/ go to the gym/ motivate each other to look good". If it was me I wouldn't be able to even sleep with him after that. Or see him. Or not slapping his face with a chair.
                        Don't let this slide.


                        tumblr_oxq30xZWSb1rlpdfuo2_540.gif
                        tumblr_oxq30xZWSb1rlpdfuo1_540.gif

                         

                        #20 Guest_starsprinkles_*

                        • Guests

                        Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:41 PM

                        sheesh I'm married to an asshole too but if he ever said this shit to me.. I'd like to think I'd be out the door. But I know it doesn't really work that way. I'm so sorry.

                         

                        maybe turn the table on him, is he the epitome of sexy? does he look like a model? does he spend 8 hours at the gym every day?

                        mine is chubby and I think that's the only reason why he hasn't explicitly told me I'm too fat for him. he's beat around the bush though.










                        Highly sensitive person with a not-sensitive person. I’m tired :’(


                        6 replies to this topic

                        #1 faerielites

                          Advanced Guru

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 584 posts

                          Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:20 AM

                          I’m a highly sensitive person (HSP, it’s a genetic trait and not a mental disorder or anything) and my bf is basically the opposite of that. He had a rough childhood and is generally a very closed off person. He’s opened up a lot to me, though. But he always tells me to be less sensitive, that the world is cruel and I’ll just get hurt.

                          We fight about it relatively often, mostly when he says kind of insensitive things that hurt me when he doesn’t mean to. I always ask him to just try to think before he says things because really he knows what kind of things will hurt my feelings, but in the heat of a moment he still says hurtful things.

                          I really value that part of myself. I’m a really empathetic and kind person. Yes, being very empathetic and soft can cause a lot of pain when you feel for others or when they hurt you, but I think it brings a lot of joy and understanding. Many artists are HSPs, as are many humanitarians and other people who bring wonderful things to the world.

                          He says sensitive people won’t make it out of this world alive, but I disagree. If they didn’t, we wouldn’t have those artists and humanitarians. I know how to put up walls sometimes, but I don’t want to put up walls with him. I know how to protect myself, but I don’t want to have to protect myself from him.

                          I just wish he would value that side of me. It would mean a lot to me and I would feel more loved. I know he wants me to be less sensitive so I don’t get hurt, but that’s just who I am. But maybe being blunt and sometimes hurtful is just who he is. We’ve talked about this many times and he just doesn’t seem to get it. I know I can be too sensitive and probably hard to deal with.

                          Don’t get me wrong, we don’t have a bad relationship. We have amazing chemistry, which is something extremely rare for me. We have a great mental and spiritual connection, so we can talk about anything and are almost always on the same page. I know he loves me, and he takes care of me.

                          But when we fight, I just wonder if we’re compatible, or if there’s someone who would make me feel more treasured for who I am.

                          Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? Any advice?

                          #2 ElleEthereal

                            Advanced Warrior

                          • Accountability access
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • 439 posts

                            Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:31 AM

                            faerielites, on 17 Aug 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

                            I’m a highly sensitive person (HSP, it’s a genetic trait and not a mental disorder or anything) and my bf is basically the opposite of that. He had a rough childhood and is generally a very closed off person. He’s opened up a lot to me, though. But he always tells me to be less sensitive, that the world is cruel and I’ll just get hurt.

                            We fight about it relatively often, mostly when he says kind of insensitive things that hurt me when he doesn’t mean to. I always ask him to just try to think before he says things because really he knows what kind of things will hurt my feelings, but in the heat of a moment he still says hurtful things.

                            I really value that part of myself. I’m a really empathetic and kind person. Yes, being very empathetic and soft can cause a lot of pain when you feel for others or when they hurt you, but I think it brings a lot of joy and understanding. Many artists are HSPs, as are many humanitarians and other people who bring wonderful things to the world.

                            He says sensitive people won’t make it out of this world alive, but I disagree. If they didn’t, we wouldn’t have those artists and humanitarians. I know how to put up walls sometimes, but I don’t want to put up walls with him. I know how to protect myself, but I don’t want to have to protect myself from him.

                            I just wish he would value that side of me. It would mean a lot to me and I would feel more loved. I know he wants me to be less sensitive so I don’t get hurt, but that’s just who I am. But maybe being blunt and sometimes hurtful is just who he is. We’ve talked about this many times and he just doesn’t seem to get it. I know I can be too sensitive and probably hard to deal with.

                            Don’t get me wrong, we don’t have a bad relationship. We have amazing chemistry, which is something extremely rare for me. We have a great mental and spiritual connection, so we can talk about anything and are almost always on the same page. I know he loves me, and he takes care of me.

                            But when we fight, I just wonder if we’re compatible, or if there’s someone who would make me feel more treasured for who I am.

                            Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? Any advice?

                             

                            This sounds really very familiar for me. Luckily for you, the way you describe your boyfriend makes him seem like a much better person than my ex partner is, but the first paragraph especially sounds very familiar. Something that helped me understand the dynamic better (after our breakup) was the book "Attached" by Amir Levine and Rachel S.F. Heller. It's based on attachment theory and also discusses some of the relationship dynamics between people with various types of attachment. When I read this, it was so clear to me that my ex had an avoidant type of attachment, most likely due to the way he was raised and some of the things he experienced while growing up. I always considered myself a secure person, but in that situation, where he was constantly criticizing my emotional nature (often in negative terms; saying that I was a weak person or a vulnerable person), I became more "anxious" and developed a lot of anxiety and fear. He was a major gaslighter, convincing me that any feelings I had (even justified) were an overreaction or signs of jealousy. He was not a great person, but reading this book helped me to place some of his behaviors and realize what might be the cause of some of it. I realized that having a relationship with an "avoidant" type of person simply doesn't work for me. The book explains, however, that people with an avoidant type of attachment often seek out people who are more emotional and open, because they are drawn to this type of energy. 

                             

                            I hope you're doing okay. I know it's hard to be in a relationship where you're questioning compatibility. It's hard to compromise and it's also hard to sometimes come to terms with not being optimally compatible. Sometimes these are things that can be managed. I hope you find out what's best for you. Remember that feeling things powerfully doesn't make you weak, but in fact is a very brave and strong aspect of your nature. <3 


                            #3 faerielites

                              Advanced Guru

                            • Accountability access
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 584 posts

                              Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:12 AM

                              ElleEthereal, on 19 Aug 2020 - 01:31 AM, said:

                              This sounds really very familiar for me. Luckily for you, the way you describe your boyfriend makes him seem like a much better person than my ex partner is, but the first paragraph especially sounds very familiar. Something that helped me understand the dynamic better (after our breakup) was the book "Attached" by Amir Levine and Rachel S.F. Heller. It's based on attachment theory and also discusses some of the relationship dynamics between people with various types of attachment. When I read this, it was so clear to me that my ex had an avoidant type of attachment, most likely due to the way he was raised and some of the things he experienced while growing up. I always considered myself a secure person, but in that situation, where he was constantly criticizing my emotional nature (often in negative terms; saying that I was a weak person or a vulnerable person), I became more "anxious" and developed a lot of anxiety and fear. He was a major gaslighter, convincing me that any feelings I had (even justified) were an overreaction or signs of jealousy. He was not a great person, but reading this book helped me to place some of his behaviors and realize what might be the cause of some of it. I realized that having a relationship with an "avoidant" type of person simply doesn't work for me. The book explains, however, that people with an avoidant type of attachment often seek out people who are more emotional and open, because they are drawn to this type of energy.

                              I hope you're doing okay. I know it's hard to be in a relationship where you're questioning compatibility. It's hard to compromise and it's also hard to sometimes come to terms with not being optimally compatible. Sometimes these are things that can be managed. I hope you find out what's best for you. Remember that feeling things powerfully doesn't make you weak, but in fact is a very brave and strong aspect of your nature. <3

                              This helped a lot. I’ll check out that book. Thank you so much! <3

                              #4 wasteless

                                Advanced Warrior

                              • Accountability access
                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                              • 438 posts
                              • LocationTime

                              Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:59 AM

                              I feel this in my current relationship of 6 years. I'm 28 and he is 24. It's not going to change. There are times my Bf has tried to be more sensitive but it translated into him being quiet and awkward. I think it's something you have to accept or move on from. I am considering breaking up almost all the time, I'm just scared of being wrong.
                              strength

                              #5 VaporwaveGirl

                                Omniscient

                              • Accountability access
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • 5012 posts

                                Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:44 AM

                                The personalities may not match up. You dont wanna spend your whole life translating your soul to someone who wont understand

                                ◆ O N L Y P R O G R E S S M A T T E R S ◆

                                giphy.gif

                                ◆ I obsess over food, not eating 



                                Spoiler 
                                [/font]

                                weight.png





                                Spoiler 6319f7debe3927f126022b3ecdffb73e--pikach<p>

                                #6 Pronameltoothpaste

                                  Advanced Member

                                • Validating
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 107 posts

                                  Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:55 PM

                                  As a HSP, who only have been with people that are not, it sucks.
                                  Ive had friends in the past were they were 2 HSP as a couple, and I long for that so badly.
                                  HSP are beautiful to me.
                                  One of the traits I actually like about myself.

                                  #7 nonyabusnass

                                    Omniscient

                                  • Accountability access
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • 2615 posts

                                    Posted 01 September 2020 - 03:23 PM

                                    My husband isn't prone to showing much emotion. He considers himself a simple man, but I've explained to him that he may consider himself simple, but he's still just as complex as everyone else. I am sensitive and empathetic as well, so we're total opposites in that regard. And it's fine. We work very well with this.

                                    A book I will recommend, is called, "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. If you can ignore the religious undertones of it, it's an extremely good book that details how people respond to other's actions, especially in intimate settings. It's a short book, but it's an excellent insight.

                                    -





                                    Jump to content


                                    Rate Image   - - - - -

                                    11011294 10155233280140065 346773028563086364 N




                                     


                                    RSS Feed
                                    11011294 10155233280140065 346773028563086364 N
                                    Rate Album   * * * * *

                                    merpderp







                                    -





                                    -






                                    -

                                    No comments:

                                    Post a Comment