Wednesday, April 27, 2022

 

Prazosin for nightmares/flashbacks, TW!


3 replies to this topic

#1 YawnTears__

    Warrior

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

    Posted 20 April 2022 - 09:45 PM

    I was sex trafficked through a child p****tituion ring and have struggled all of my life. A few years ago I started on prazosin and it seems to really help the flashbacks/nightmares. Or at least it muddles them.

    Has anyone else had good results with this medicine?

    #2 Higgs

      Warrior

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 131 posts

      Posted 20 April 2022 - 09:53 PM

      I was on this medication for nightmares, night terrors, and severe insomnia from chronic childhood SA and instability in homes. I loved it at first but at my LW my blood pressure dropped incredibly low due to the medication and had to be taken to the ER and was taken off of it immediately. It upsets me because it helped me get at least 5-7 hours a day, but if you're not having those side effects then I'm so happy for you! It was amazing while it lasted when I was on it.


      5'4, 21y/o

      HW: 150lbs

      CW: 120lbs

      GW 1: 110lbs

      GW 2: 100lbs

      GW 3: 95lbs

      GW 4: 80lbs (maybe?)

       

      UGW: Not sure, whenever I start feeling happy.

      "Endure and Survive"

      #3 YawnTears__

        Warrior

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 177 posts

        Posted 24 April 2022 - 08:27 PM

        Yes, the low blood pressure is killer!
        I’m on palliative so I have options at home (nurses on rotation) so I have access to fluids and and meds typically used in a hospital situation.

        I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you- have you found anything else that helps? Or any other tips?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        #4 Higgs

          Warrior

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 131 posts

          Posted 24 April 2022 - 09:24 PM

          I have not. During COVID, when everything was shut down my therapist stopped returning my calls, and stopped scheduling appointments for me. We don't have a psychiatrist that takes my insurance so I don't have many resources available anymore. I'm usually waking up from nightmares after 4-5 hours, and that's about as much sleep as I get, or less. I've tried everything: hypnosis, lucid dreaming, journaling, meditating... Nothing works anymore. Not to mention I'm more stressed than ever right now. My job just doesn't support my needs income wise. I'm literally skipping on groceries this month, and my budget is going to by t i g h t after my trip to my bf in June. Everything is so ridiculously expensive right now.

          YawnTears__, on 24 Apr 2022 - 8:27 PM, said:

          Yes, the low blood pressure is killer!
          I’m on palliative so I have options at home (nurses on rotation) so I have access to fluids and and meds typically used in a hospital situation.

          I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you- have you found anything else that helps? Or any other tips?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          5'4, 21y/o

          HW: 150lbs

          CW: 120lbs

          GW 1: 110lbs

          GW 2: 100lbs

          GW 3: 95lbs

          GW 4: 80lbs (maybe?)

           

          UGW: Not sure, whenever I start feeling happy.

          "Endure and Survive"


          No comments:

          Post a Comment