Friday, April 29, 2022

 

I wish I had cancer


25 replies to this topic

#1 surrealicity

    Advanced Sage

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts

    Posted 03 July 2021 - 07:54 PM

    I know I'm probably offending some people with this post but I'm in a really bad place mentally and on Ambien so I'm just gonna say it

    I wish I had cancer. Cancer is horrible and tragic, but I wish I had an excuse for myself. I am such a damn failure and my ED is just not an excuse for how much I have been falling behind and letting my life go. I hate watching myself lose my grip on my PhD program because I can't stop fucking eating and puking it up. I'm anxious about literally everything, I mean I'm panicking because of damn fireworks rn like a dog, and none of that is an excuse for me being such a fucking failure. It's all in my head, and it just confirms to me, and to my peers, that I am stupid and lazy and can't accomplish shit because of my own personal failings. I have so much pride, and can't stand having others think of me as lazy or undiligent, but I was supposed to be writing all day today and instead spent 90$ on food and watched tv all day while endlessly thinking about what I SHOULD be doing and how much I hate myself

    I know eating disorders are not a choice, but it sure feels like one and I'm so ashamed of it. If I had cancer, it's not that I crave the attention per say, but I just want a concrete excuse for me to be performing so poorly. If I'm going to kill my body anyway, why can't it be through something I don't even have a perception of being able to control? Something that will make other people think "oh she's not stupid or lazy, she has cancer!" Rather than "yeah she can't stop stuffing her mouth, lazy fuck".

    Maybe I'm just stigmatizing EDs more with this post, but bulimia will never make me feel sick enough to excuse how sick it is making me. I know it's fucking me up and over and out but no one else can really realize, and to everyone else I'm a failure. Hell, even if I had AN I'd feel a littl more valid since I'd have a higher chance of being hospitalized and looking visually sick. But with bulimia... I don't look like I puke hundreds of dollars a week. I don't look like my brain should be dying. It's so damn frustrating. Especially since I internalize it. I'm a chronic case, I may already have cancer growing in my throat or intestine already, but fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Idek what I want to say anymore. Sorry if I offended anyone. Maybe someone relates.

    I guess that's all I have to say about that

    My Accountability


    5'8"


    (8/11/16) Started College at 164 lbs


    (9/26/16) Started Accountability at 153 lbs

    Currently 112.4

    #2 boiledlard

      Advanced Warrior

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 346 posts
    • LocationCanada

    Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:08 PM

    I had similar thoughts before when I've been fucked out of my mind. My sister struggles with meth addiction and sometimes I wish for her weight, even though I know how much she's suffering. You're not evil.. The mind can just be fucked up sometimes. Even when we know its wrong. 


    sw: 122
    lw: 103

    cw: 107
    gw1: 99

    ugw: who knows 

    158cm//5'2

     

    #3 Olivia Pope

      Advanced Warrior

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 466 posts

      Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:28 PM

      I said something similar to my therapist on Monday, telling her eating disorders have positive effects that make you not want to recover or feel you can’t live without it, while cancer doesn’t have positive effects (except for maybe attention, people bringing you casseroles, GoFundMe fundraisers). Cancer doesn’t come with a voice in your head, torturing you over how much you eat, how much you weigh, how you didn’t exercise enough today so you’re NOT eating breakfast in the morning, shithead! For most people, cancer doesn’t convince you that you’re not sick enough to get treatment. In short, I’m not judging you. I don’t think you’re a bad person. We both know how awful cancer is and this is not a “which illness is worse?” competition. *hugshugshugs*

      If I’ve said anything about having cancer that is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

      #4 LALAJAPAN

        Wildly Inappropriate Whore

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2092 posts

        Posted 03 July 2021 - 09:05 PM

        I understand what you’re saying and I’m so sorry you’re in such a bad place right now. I know how painful and exhausting it can be and wishing you had a “valid excuse.” I’m sending you lots of good vibes.
        Wildly inappropriate whore embarking on another long fast.

        B491-F2-C6-422-E-41-DF-ACE0-663-EB53-F66

        subsource-done-button-uid-99-B90044-B709

        #5 Not vibing bro

          wildly inappropriate

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 1435 posts
        • LocationProbably playing tetris

        Posted 03 July 2021 - 11:27 PM

        My youngest brother had cancer when I was in fifth grade. I was sort of shoved to the side while he got tons of toys and attention and...love. And I totally get it! But I used to be jealous of him because of it, and I feel awful for saying that even though I was only 10
        nU14Dpl.png

        #6 Irreverent Parrot

          Omniscient

        • Validating
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3273 posts
        • Locationsinging in the rain

        Posted 04 July 2021 - 03:24 AM

        You don't really wish you had cancer.  You may wish you had the emaciated look some cancer patients get, but you don't want the unbearable physical pain that comes with cancer when it's got that bad.


        #7 Burneraccount2004

          Advanced Sage

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2400 posts

          Posted 04 July 2021 - 06:03 AM

          I know exactly how you feel. My friend died of cancer and he was only 18, and i feel like a sick fuck for being jealous of him and how he’s going to be “preserved” as an 18 year old forever(well, the memory of him is going to be preserved as his teenage self), while i’m just going to get older and as you get older, people care less.

          #8 Skinnilifestyle

            Advanced Member

          • Accountability access
          • PipPipPip
          • 112 posts

            Posted 04 July 2021 - 06:51 AM

            This reminds me of when I was walking though a train station and a man came up behind me and said “Eat”

            and I was so flustered and he just started walking with me cus I didn’t stop walking and he was like “I had cancer and I couldn’t keep anything down and don’t take your body for granted etc. Eat”

            and I just thought FUCK it’s not a choice buddy!!

            You wouldn’t say shit like this to me if it was cancer or some other illness but because it’s AN it’s perceived like I could just stop and eat!?!? And also who the fuck do you think you are that’s so nasty. I know he probs thought he was helping in some misinformed uneducated way but it scarred me do life because strangers judging you is a massive downside to AN

            And I thought in that moment rather sickly, fuck I wish I did so maybe people would have some sympathy rather than giving such nasty, judgemental looks :(

            #9 sophieshungry

              Advanced Warrior

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 399 posts
            • Locationmaryland

            Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:27 AM

            happiereveryday7, on 04 Jul 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

            This reminds me of when I was walking though a train station and a man came up behind me and said “Eat”

            and I was so flustered and he just started walking with me cus I didn’t stop walking and he was like “I had cancer and I couldn’t keep anything down and don’t take your body for granted etc. Eat”

            and I just thought FUCK it’s not a choice buddy!!

            You wouldn’t say shit like this to me if it was cancer or some other illness but because it’s AN it’s perceived like I could just stop and eat!?!? And also who the fuck do you think you are that’s so nasty. I know he probs thought he was helping in some misinformed uneducated way but it scarred me do life because strangers judging you is a massive downside to AN

            And I thought in that moment rather sickly, fuck I wish I did so maybe people would have some sympathy rather than giving such nasty, judgemental looks :(


            that’s so fucked up omg… like dude i’m sorry you have cancer but wtf does that have to do with me and my illness?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            WARNING: Don't feed the EDs!

            #10 PillPrincess

              Advanced Sage

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 1842 posts

              Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:52 AM

              EDs are kinda like a “cancer” ... It’s not contagious, it creeps in slowly but can grow quickly and get out of control, it can metastasize and change forms, it’s painful and deadly, and it’s certainly not a choice

              #11 Colour moving and still

                Advanced Sage

              • Accountability access
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 1666 posts

                Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:07 AM

                Olivia Pope, on 03 Jul 2021 - 8:28 PM, said:

                I said something similar to my therapist on Monday, telling her eating disorders have positive effects that make you not want to recover or feel you can’t live without it, while cancer doesn’t have positive effects (except for maybe attention, people bringing you casseroles, GoFundMe fundraisers). Cancer doesn’t come with a voice in your head, torturing you over how much you eat, how much you weigh, how you didn’t exercise enough today so you’re NOT eating breakfast in the morning, shithead! For most people, cancer doesn’t convince you that you’re not sick enough to get treatment. In short, I’m not judging you. I don’t think you’re a bad person. We both know how awful cancer is and this is not a “which illness is worse?” competition. *hugshugshugs*

                If I’ve said anything about having cancer that is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.


                And certain cancer or cancer treatment can cause weight gain Not weight loss.

                #12 sewerside

                  beauty behind the madness

                • Validating
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 11978 posts

                  Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:43 AM

                  surrealicity, on 03 Jul 2021 - 7:54 PM, said:

                  Maybe I'm just stigmatizing EDs more with this post, but bulimia will never make me feel sick enough to excuse how sick it is making me. I know it's fucking me up and over and out but no one else can really realize, and to everyone else I'm a failure. Hell, even if I had AN I'd feel a littl more valid since I'd have a higher chance of being hospitalized and looking visually sick. But with bulimia... I don't look like I puke hundreds of dollars a week. I don't look like my brain should be dying. Maybe someone relates.
                  I guess that's all I have to say about that


                  i’m bulimic too & i completely understand, reading this bought a tear to my eye as i’m the exact same..

                  i do not wish i had cancer though but i do understand where you’re coming from, this is probably equally as bad but i have wished to be anorexic instead & have some proper control over food. for me i think this comes from me wanting attention & that “you deserve help” because i’ll “look the part” of having an eating disorder (thin, underweight, actually look sick). it upsets me. i’m also with you on the hospitalisation, back to what i was saying about being anorexic it’s like once hospitalised you feel that validation of actually having a problem. your thin, extremely underweight, everyone’s telling you how much they care & they hate seeing you like this, so you get help, you get given the resources. i can’t see that happening with me at all, i’m a healthy weight. why do i need help if there’s nothing wrong with me? i’m wasting resources, someone underweight & close to death deserves it more than me u know? it sucks sm

                  pNwXTsD.gif

                  @preskool ♡ [my partner in crime]

                  add me on discord - raven#9546

                  to my friends, fans & haters; i love u <3

                  [color=rgb(255,102,153)]

                  #13 cinnamingirl97

                    Advanced Guru

                  • Accountability access
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 790 posts

                    Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:49 AM

                    .

                    #14 Olivia Pope

                      Advanced Warrior

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 466 posts

                      Posted 04 July 2021 - 04:27 PM

                      PillPrincess, on 04 Jul 2021 - 07:52 AM, said:

                      EDs are kinda like a “cancer” ... It’s not contagious, it creeps in slowly but can grow quickly and get out of control, it can metastasize and change forms, it’s painful and deadly, and it’s certainly not a choice

                      Not contagious? But “pRo AnA weBsITeS CaUse EAtiNg diSoRdERs!!!” 🙄 🙄

                      Seriously though, I agree with everything you said.

                      #15 slowly_fading_away

                        Advanced Guru

                      • Accountability access
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 589 posts

                        Posted 04 July 2021 - 05:18 PM

                        happiereveryday7, on 04 Jul 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

                        This reminds me of when I was walking though a train station and a man came up behind me and said “Eat”

                        and I was so flustered and he just started walking with me cus I didn’t stop walking and he was like “I had cancer and I couldn’t keep anything down and don’t take your body for granted etc. Eat”

                        and I just thought FUCK it’s not a choice buddy!!

                        You wouldn’t say shit like this to me if it was cancer or some other illness but because it’s AN it’s perceived like I could just stop and eat!?!? And also who the fuck do you think you are that’s so nasty. I know he probs thought he was helping in some misinformed uneducated way but it scarred me do life because strangers judging you is a massive downside to AN

                        And I thought in that moment rather sickly, fuck I wish I did so maybe people would have some sympathy rather than giving such nasty, judgemental looks :(

                         

                        What an arse. For all he knew, you could have been underweight due to cancer, too. 


                        #16 kitn

                          0kcal cat

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 11382 posts

                          Posted 04 July 2021 - 05:43 PM

                          surprisingly some people are still idiots toward you when you have cancer.. but I understand the sentiment. mental illness isn't seen in the same way as physical illness. and even some physical illnesses aren't taken seriously.. like chronic conditions people become bored of your shit after a while. the world really is all about survival of the fittest it's brutal. people will always judge you if you don't keep up with what is expected. this is one of the reasons why I hate people. 


                          #17 sndkjsfhgioredgbkrdjfhrnrf

                            Advanced Guru

                          • Accountability access
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 779 posts
                          • LocationMorbidly a Beast

                          Posted 04 July 2021 - 06:02 PM

                          My heart goes out to you, and I relate. I am so angry with myself for wasting my teenage years away stuffing my face and promising myself that my life would begin once I became thin, which never happened. I wish that I could temporarily throw myself into such a state of psychosis that I could go days without food and concentrate not a second on self-restraint. I find it so difficult to integrate back into the world outside of my ED, because it has occupied so much space in my brain that everything else only feels like a side quest.


                          LDw2tkL.gif

                          INTP 5w4

                          CW: around the 140's

                          #18 itsybitsyme

                            Omniscient

                          • Accountability access
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 3572 posts

                            Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:23 PM

                            I feel you but cancer suuucks. You don't want that. Eds suck too. What we deal with is valid all on its own. We go through hell, even when doing "poorly" we're experiencing mental anguish. Your pain is real you don't need a different potentially terminal diagnosis to justify it.I'm so sorry you feel this way

                            Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

                            5'7

                            Hw: 155

                            Lw: 115

                            Cw: 150

                            Gw: 110

                            Ugw: 90

                             

                             

                            tumblr_ppg5b6bRlQ1x4ydeto2_r1_540.gif

                            #19 Junko Enoshima

                              Advanced Sage

                            • Accountability access
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 2427 posts
                            • Locationdespair-ridden

                            Posted 05 July 2021 - 03:15 AM

                            I relate to this so much. I wish I had cancer because it's painful, it'd kill me, I wish I could take someone else's cancer because I'd deserve to die of cancer more than anyone


                            tumblr_pct4evJKoM1vldj14o2_500.gif

                             

                            Spoiler 

                             

                            111.3

                            funny spoiler text revealing my personality

                             

                            #20 StringlessContortionist

                              Advanced Sage

                            • Validating
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 1369 posts

                              Posted 05 July 2021 - 03:25 AM

                              I can understand feeling suicidal or self destructive because I've been there too and I hope you can get to a better place mentally. However, I'm sorry but it's super insensitive of you to say you wish you had cancer.


                              0NsNJqE.gifIGuqg58.gifI9yRuyM.gif

                              I wish I had cancer


                              25 replies to this topic

                              #21 ifoundDory

                                wildly inappropriate bore

                              • Accountability access
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • 2631 posts

                                Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:30 AM

                                When I first started having symptoms of mental illness and for years after, I wished so much there was a physical cause for my issues.

                                Mental illness is just as valid but it's somehow still different because things do depend on you. Sometimes I feel like a total victim, sad about the devastating effects my depression, anxiety and BDD has on my life, other times I feel like I should be able to overcome this, with therapy etc., blaming myself feeling like a failure. The truth is somewhere between these two extremes. Admitting that you have an illness but also discovering how you can help yourself; finding out that there are parts of your illness you cannot control, and there are parts that you have some control over. And accepting that you might have tighter boudaries and less capacity when you are in a bad spot, and not hating yourself if it interferes with your work or studies.

                                But to get there you need to accept that bulimia and all other mental problems are just as valid as physical illnesses. Don't give a shit about what people might think and if people around you don't think it's valid.

                                #22 dégueulasse

                                  Omniscient

                                • Accountability access
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • 2895 posts
                                • Locationprepping myself a toaster bath

                                Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:36 AM

                                Once I tried the game Kind Words on Steam and after answering to dozens of anonymous letters, I decided to write one myself. I talked about my struggles with eating disorders.

                                The answer I got was something along the lines of "you're making up excuses. I'm battling cancer. Get your shit together."

                                I never even opened the game again lol I felt so bad
                                one of the gals who once swallowed their toothbrush

                                #23 dégueulasse

                                  Omniscient

                                • Accountability access
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • 2895 posts
                                • Locationprepping myself a toaster bath

                                Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:38 AM

                                But yeah, I kind of get your feeling. I sometimes wish I had a "serious" mental illness, one that could grant me financial and medical aid during hard times. You get accomodations at university when you have, say, bipolar or schizophrenia. You don't get shit when you're AN b/p with GAD.
                                one of the gals who once swallowed their toothbrush

                                #24 LedaFae

                                  Omniscient

                                • Accountability access
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • 5901 posts
                                • LocationUK

                                Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:45 AM

                                dégueulasse, on 05 Jul 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

                                Once I tried the game Kind Words on Steam and after answering to dozens of anonymous letters, I decided to write one myself. I talked about my struggles with eating disorders.

                                The answer I got was something along the lines of "you're making up excuses. I'm battling cancer. Get your shit together."

                                I never even opened the game again lol I felt so bad

                                 

                                What an insensitive asshole! EDs can be life-threatening and people die due to them.. 


                                #25 Jiffy

                                  Advanced Sage

                                • Accountability access
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • 1501 posts

                                  Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:01 AM

                                  StringlessContortionist, on 05 Jul 2021 - 03:25 AM, said:

                                  I can understand feeling suicidal or self destructive because I've been there too and I hope you can get to a better place mentally. However, I'm sorry but it's super insensitive of you to say you wish you had cancer.

                                   

                                  Agreed. I try not to judge because I know EDs can corrupt our minds and make us do or want fucked up things but as someone who watched a loved one deteriorate and experience unimaginable pain and eventually pass away from cancer, a trauma and grief that im still recovering from, its kinda hard not to take issue with someone wishing they had it. But yeah I completely understand not feeling valid or sick enough, I totally get it. 


                                  #26 wuthering panacea

                                    Omniscient

                                  • Accountability access
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • 2683 posts
                                  • LocationUK

                                  Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:56 AM

                                  I understand you completely. I don't think you're a bad person, I think you're in a lot of pain. My heart goes out to you <3


                                  AN for 11 years. I'd like to recover but is it really ever gonna happen? Really?

                                  They/them pronouns

                                   

                                  Let's burn our love into the ground

                                  ----

                                  giphy.gif

                                   
                                  Pete looking sassy

                                  ----

                                  BMI: 17.5

                                  Height: 5'8 / 173cm

                                  CW: 53.3kg  / 117lbs

                                  GW: 50kg / 110lbs

                                  GW2: 45kg / 99lbs    

                                  GW3: 42kg / 92.5lbs

                                  UGW: 39kg / 85lbs



                                  No comments:

                                  Post a Comment