Monday, May 16, 2022

 

other "addictions" or "obsessions" besides your ED?


72 replies to this topic

#1 15lbslighter1111

    Advanced Warrior

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

    Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:46 AM

    mine is nicotine addiction unfortunately. its also a contributing factor to my ED in a way. i still live with my parents and currently in college- meaning, i get my daily allowances from them. they constantly nag me to quit smoking but its never easy no matter how hard i try (never did i choose to have an oral fixation)
    so i starve myself as to "compensate" for the money i waste on cigarettes and to remind myself that i dont deserve to eat

    anyway~ thats just 1 of the many reasons why i treat my body so poorly

    #2 eternalsleep

      Warrior

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 159 posts

      Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:55 AM

      used to have a cutting addiction

      is much better now but not the best


      5'6 

      SW: 121lbs/55kg BMI 19.5

      CW: 100lbs/45kg BMI 16.1

      LW: 95lbs/43kg BMI 15.3

      GW: 70lbs/32kg BMI 11.3

      UGW: ~55lbs/25kg ~BMI 8.9

       

       

       

                                       

      #3 jinxxxy

        Warrior

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 167 posts
      • LocationLyhe Mheg

      Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:55 AM

      ever since i quit doing hard drugs (most of the time, i allow myself a treat occasionally) and drastically reduced the amount of self harm i do, i've been addicted to weed and energy drinks. those are the 2 things i feel like i need to not completely lose my marbles.

      rsz-rsz-4cf271e96d4363b6491381629195cd51

      #4 magnolie

        Omniscient

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2809 posts
      • LocationLand of Elks and Wallflowers

      Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:07 AM

      15lbslighter1111, on 03 May 2022 - 07:46 AM, said:

      mine is nicotine addiction unfortunately. its also a contributing factor to my ED in a way. i still live with my parents and currently in college- meaning, i get my daily allowances from them. they constantly nag me to quit smoking but its never easy no matter how hard i try (never did i choose to have an oral fixation)
      so i starve myself as to "compensate" for the money i waste on cigarettes and to remind myself that i dont deserve to eat

      anyway~ thats just 1 of the many reasons why i treat my body so poorly

       

      Going on weird shopping sprees, like needing to buy various items in e-v-er-y color or model. What is that all about??? Goddamn...I'm super scared of becoming a hoarder :'( !!! Thank god I can still stop myself before it totally gets out of hand!!!


      #5 tinysighs

        Warrior

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 214 posts
      • LocationSeattle

      Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:21 AM

      I notice a lot of people with EDs are also shoplifters. I myself used to shoplift when I was younger, thankfully I've developed more self-control since then, though the temptation still exists.

      I'm obsessed with sanrio and cute aesthetics. I've spent over 5k on hello kitty items alone in the last 2 years. It's a serious problem, I don't feel like I have rational control over the impulses.

      I'm obsessed with skincare as well, which is probably my healthiest coping mechanism, though outrageously expensive. It can also be negative at times when I am feeling very dysmorphic and ugly.

      ヽ( ´ ∇ ` )ノ death is the only way to break from the praxis of consumption

      #6 hedbnger

        Advanced Warrior

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 476 posts
      • Locationfeeding shinigamis

      Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:35 AM

      cutting

      i used to have (an illegal drug, not naming) addiction

      i used to smoke a lot 

      alcohol

      im a mess really


      old account: killgot

       

      you deserve to eat <3

       

      hw: 114lbs lw: 89lbs

       

      an-r, mdd, gad, bpd, ocd, dpdr

       

      starbies whore 

       

      my name is bean

       

      they/them

       

       

       

       

       

       

      #7 skin_ee

        Warrior

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 180 posts

        Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:04 AM

        mine is alcohol and self harm

        .

         

         

        HW: 46 kg - bmi 19.8

        CW: 34 kg - bmi 14.6

         

        .

         

         

        #8 slimandshady

          Advanced Sage

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 1337 posts

          Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:15 AM

          cleaning/organizing, but i guess that goes hand-in-hand with my ed.
          i have ocd, everything has to be neat and perfect, i reorganize everything constantly even if it looks “fine”

          SyA9uO.gif

          bmi 13.8 / cw: 77.8 lbs / ugw: 75lbs / hw: 180lbs

          #9 v!wvuv

            Advanced Sage

          • Accountability access
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2376 posts

            Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:05 AM

            Not that severe, and it's definitely a result of my ED, but I've become quite obsessively organised when it comes to certain things. I never used to make extensive plans like I do now.


            #10 lazurebird

              Guru

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 536 posts

              Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:12 AM

              not my proudest quality and idk if that counts but i obsess with people so easily... like i find a new friend and i just want to know everything about them want them to like me the most and the same with romantic crushes i just plain stalk all their socials.. 


              Spoiler 
              5'3 
              cw:125
              ugw:105

              accountability

              4a1d3d81cbb203907c09b0f6e51270616bedc465

              #11 automatic.loveletter

                Advanced Guru

              • Accountability access
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 763 posts
              • LocationSouth Park

              Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:19 AM

              Cutting. Like. All the time. Almost everyday.

              5’3
              SW: 150 (BMI 26.6)
              UGW: 88 (BMI 15.6)
              CW: 128.0 (BMI 22.7)
              GW2: 125

              f49.gif
              style_hearts-5978.png?rect=55,0,440,440&
              ^ click the image! ^

              Spoiler 

              b0a5b580bd834eff325451fb32532722b493f790
              ^ my blog where I post the same picture of kit connor daily. you’re welcome. ^

              #12 size0violet

                Member

              • Members
              • PipPip
              • 13 posts

                Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:21 AM

                self harm (cutting)

                also alcohol abuse but i'm much better since about 3 months.

                 


                #13 size0violet

                  Member

                • Members
                • PipPip
                • 13 posts

                  Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:21 AM

                  self harm (cutting)

                  also alcohol abuse but i'm much better since about 3 months.

                   


                  #14 size0violet

                    Member

                  • Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 13 posts

                    Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:21 AM

                    self harm (cutting)

                    also alcohol abuse but i'm much better since about 3 months.

                     


                    #15 EvieZamora

                      Warrior

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPip
                    • 220 posts
                    • Locationtracy was playing with barbies before she met evie

                    Posted 03 May 2022 - 01:35 PM

                    i used to cut. it got so bad that my arm was littered with scars and i couldn’t like that i “fell down” anymore. 11 months clean though! i don’t have the desire to cut anymore but unfortunately i’ve replaced it with my ed.
                    D951-BC9-C-2216-44-AB-B04-F-985-B141-B21

                    𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚎—𝟷𝟾

                    F6-FDA519-5-A39-45-B0-8-C1-A-73-C608-B46

                    #16 rotten-baby

                      Advanced Sage

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1882 posts
                    • LocationAsda

                    Posted 03 May 2022 - 01:48 PM

                    Nicotine but it's not ed related, I've recently gone back to ciggies sadly and I'm back smoking multiple a day when I never used to. I actually got fined 75 quid today for a fag butt! I wasn't thinking and I stuck it on the floor cuz there was no bins. But I'm underage so I'll cancel it

                    I used to be addicted to alcohol then drugs from 13-15 till I was put in care, a really dark time that led me to a lot of abuse but it's something I can't help but miss. I'd go out all day and night trying to get whatever I could, the worse the better in my mind. Eventually I ran away from home for 3 days and that was an insane time cuz I was staying with a crackhead who abused me, but even that time I ran away, my mind still sees it positively because of how many drugs I was on and the freedom and availability of drugs. But I have trauma from it as well. It's weird. Because of social services I no longer use and I do have some aspirations now, relapse feels so likely, it's something I constantly think about but I don't have the energy for it. I'd love to just escape from the world again, but I can't now, which is good, I'd be high all the time if I could be.




                    Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

                    ˚‧ Kez | 16 | ENTP ‧₊˚✧

                     

                    I like listening to music, writing and fashion

                    diagnosed anbp, e-bpd, c-ptsd, adhd

                     

                    ╭────── stats ·  ·  ·  ·  ·  ♡

                     

                    153cm

                     

                     HW: 53kg, bmi 23 (11/20)

                    CW: 34.1kg, bmi 14.6 (16/05/22)

                     LW: 33.8kg, bmi 14.4 (04/22)

                    GW: who knows

                    waist: 20.5 inches

                     

                    ╰━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━╯

                     

                    in op treatment

                     vents accountability  

                     

                     

                    #17 15lbslighter1111

                      Advanced Warrior

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 280 posts

                      Posted 03 May 2022 - 01:56 PM

                      rotten-baby, on 03 May 2022 - 1:48 PM, said:

                      Nicotine but it's not ed related, I've recently gone back to ciggies sadly and I'm back smoking multiple a day when I never used to. I actually got fined 75 quid today for a fag butt! I wasn't thinking and I stuck it on the floor cuz there was no bins. But I'm underage so I'll cancel it

                      I used to be addicted to alcohol then drugs from 13-15 till I was put in care, a really dark time that led me to a lot of abuse but it's something I can't help but miss. I'd go out all day and night trying to get whatever I could, the worse the better in my mind. Eventually I ran away from home for 3 days and that was an insane time cuz I was staying with a crackhead who abused me, but even that time I ran away, my mind still sees it positively because of how many drugs I was on and the freedom and availability of drugs. But I have trauma from it as well. It's weird. Because of social services I no longer use and I do have some aspirations now, relapse feels so likely, it's something I constantly think about but I don't have the energy for it. I'd love to just escape from the world again, but I can't now, which is good, I'd be high all the time if I could be.




                      Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk


                      my heart goes to you, bud. you prob heard this a bunch times but give yourself A HELLA MORE credit for being this strong

                      #18 misskel

                        Sage

                      • Accountability access
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 1106 posts
                      • Locationbus station

                      Posted 03 May 2022 - 01:57 PM

                      90% sure I used to be a maladaptive daydreamer. 


                      cbmi: i don't fucking know

                      #19 15lbslighter1111

                        Advanced Warrior

                      • Accountability access
                      • PipPipPipPipPip
                      • 280 posts

                        Posted 03 May 2022 - 02:00 PM

                        EvieZamora, on 03 May 2022 - 1:35 PM, said:

                        i used to cut. it got so bad that my arm was littered with scars and i couldn’t like that i “fell down” anymore. 11 months clean though! i don’t have the desire to cut anymore but unfortunately i’ve replaced it with my ed.


                        sadly, i hear this a lot... were mostly likely to recover from an addiction through another addiction. surviving is hard and a bitch to do. but hey, congrats on being clean! thats a massive thing to overcome, no? i love that for you

                        #20 AwkwardAtLife

                          Warrior

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPip
                        • 147 posts

                          Posted 03 May 2022 - 02:01 PM

                          I'm just another one of those opioid/benzo types.

                           

                          Can't stop, even though I know it's killing me and my family's trust.

                           

                          I feel so ashamed...


                          No comments:

                          Post a Comment